Welcome, Guest. Please login or register

Login with username and password

Author Topic: U.S.S. Valhalla (NCC-18000) Main Bridge  (Read 3484 times)

Offline sorra

• Galaxy Moderator
  • Crewman
Re: U.S.S. Valhalla (NCC-18000) Main Bridge
« Reply #30 on: January 09, 2017, 06:01:50 PM »

Isla looked over her shoulder as Ryn stepped up to her.  "Not now ma'am.  Engines are back online and working properly."  Every thing else seemed to be in order.

Offline Ellen_Ripley

• Galaxy Moderator
  • Crewman Third Class
  • "I am the Mother!"
« Reply #31 on: January 10, 2017, 06:02:20 PM »

<<From Medical>>

"And this is the bridge."
Paddy concluded while finally leading Rebecca to the nerve center of the ship. He had in fact gotten lost twice since they had reconfigured the passage ways slightly from the Hawk, not too much but enough to confuse the old man. There was no beating around the bush with him, straight to the point as usual on seeing those on deck. "Ryn, Isla I'd like you to meet my new intern, Cadet Rebecca Bremer; lass this on my right is Lieutenant Commander Camryn Sheppard our first officer and the lovable red head is Lieutenant Commander Isla McAines our Operations officer. Captain Harvath I'm sure will be here shortly."

Offline SymonDrayson

• Administrator
  • Petty Officer
  • Contra Ignorantiam
« Reply #32 on: January 10, 2017, 09:19:48 PM »

Rebecca followed the doctor onto the bridge and looked around with a nervous excitement. It was much bigger than she had expected. She took a couple of steps and then stopped, hovering near the turbo lift doors. "Commander Sheppard, I am happy to be aboard and look forward to this assignment," she said. Looking over towards Lieutenant Commander Isla she nodded and said, "Good afternoon Commander."

Contra Ignorantiam
“What you are searching for is inside you. The harder you look  ‘out there’, the more obscured it becomes within. ”

Offline sorra

• Galaxy Moderator
  • Crewman
« Reply #33 on: January 11, 2017, 09:17:07 AM »

Isla listened to Kasey, thinking if she knew of anyone who could help.  If she thought of anyone she would be sure to send them down his way.  She turned though as a new voice spoke, smiling when she saw Paddy.  He was one person that could make her smile. "Hello Cadet Bremer.  It is a pleasure to meet you."

Offline DanielRyder

• Crewman Second Class
  • What must I sacrifice?
    • Inkitt.com
« Reply #34 on: January 11, 2017, 03:15:31 PM »

Ryn nodded at the commander. Nothing that requires her attention at the  moment. Putting her arms behind her back again, she looked at the viewscreen for a few moments till someone called her by her nickname behind her. She turned to the doors opening and nodded at Paddy. The chief of medical introduced the new cadet onboard the ship. Ryn responded respectfully, "Welcome onboard, Cadet. Enjoying your tour?" The commander offered a nod.

She wondered as she knew this cadet wll be here in an intern capacity to the CMO. It was in her notes somewhere that there will be at least one or two coming onboard. One would be a cadet fresh from the academy.
I already lost one captain. I won't lose another. ~ Lieutenant Ash Tyler, Star Trek Discovery

Offline Troy

• Crewman Third Class
« Reply #35 on: January 11, 2017, 05:17:52 PM »
(From Main Enginering)

=/\= Roger that bridge. We'll make it a priority. If you know of anyone not on the engineering staff who is an expert in the sensor masking system, we welcome their assistance. Engineering out.=/\=

Offline Ellen_Ripley

• Galaxy Moderator
  • Crewman Third Class
  • "I am the Mother!"
« Reply #36 on: January 11, 2017, 10:23:00 PM »

At this point all Paddy could do was enjoy the scenery. This would be the last time they would see this Station for quite a while if Scot's reputation remained intact, one of which was finding trouble where you least expect it, then a simply four month tour turns into a year. Fun times, that's how Paddy put it. "So where is his Lordship now?" They were mates, he could call the captain anything he likes, woe betide though anyone else who took that liberty.

Offline sorra

• Galaxy Moderator
  • Crewman
« Reply #37 on: January 12, 2017, 08:29:09 AM »

Isla glanced at Ryn to answer that question.  She was still learning the ship and hadn't paid attention to where the captain had gone as she had been headed for her station.  Although she was sure Ryn would know.

Offline DanielRyder

• Crewman Second Class
  • What must I sacrifice?
    • Inkitt.com
« Reply #38 on: January 12, 2017, 06:30:33 PM »

Ryn looked at both as she realized all eyes were on her. For a minute she forgot that she was the XO. When it hit her, the commander sighed and muttered, "Oh right," clearing her throat, she exhaled, "Computer."

She waited for the confirming signal. Once it sounded, she responded, "Where is Captain Harvath?"

He is on Deck Four

Alright, Ryn thought to herself as she looked at the CMO and responded, "Do you want me to call him and let him know that you're looking for him? He should be on his way to the bridge right now."
I already lost one captain. I won't lose another. ~ Lieutenant Ash Tyler, Star Trek Discovery

Offline SymonDrayson

• Administrator
  • Petty Officer
  • Contra Ignorantiam
« Reply #39 on: January 13, 2017, 11:50:29 AM »

Scot exited the turbo lift and stepped onto the bridge, colliding with a young woman who was standing in front of the doors. As he looked at her he noted that she wore the rank insignia of a Cadet. "Not the best place to stand Cadet," he said.

Rebecca came to attention as she blushed and stammered, "I am so sorry sir. I was trying to not be in the way."

Scot smiled, "At ease Cadet. Nothing to apologize for." he then walked over to the Captain's chair, nodding at Aldus, "Hey there doc." When he reached his chair, he sat down and looked around the bridge. "Commander Sheppard, what is the ship's status?" he then pressed the control panel on the arm of his chair, seconds later the command panel, with its various readouts, rose from the console between the Captain and Executive Officer's chairs. He glanced at it and then looked towards his Executive Officer.

Contra Ignorantiam
“What you are searching for is inside you. The harder you look  ‘out there’, the more obscured it becomes within. ”

Offline Ellen_Ripley

• Galaxy Moderator
  • Crewman Third Class
  • "I am the Mother!"
« Reply #40 on: January 15, 2017, 11:33:49 PM »

"No need lass, as you can see old adages apply well even in our time." He was of course referring to the line 'speak of the devil', when he addressed the XO. At least Rebecca got the message quite well when the man arrived. That should keep her on her toes in future, of course that would apply to Aldus himself as well. The last thing the girl will want to have on her personal file was that she was constantly getting under foot of the senior staff.

"Scot, you look drained. The meeting with Roxanne didn't go as planned, or is it simply the weariness I know you're feeling from the great weight of all this?" He panned both hands around him, taking in a virtual image in his mind of this new ship. He couldn't but to help give his assistant a wink, she'd pick up soon enough.

Offline Scot Harvath

• Crewman Third Class
« Reply #41 on: January 16, 2017, 10:52:58 AM »
Scot turned to face the doctor, "Everything is fine doc, just lots of things to do before we get underway." After rubbing his head he looked back towards Commander Sheppard.
« Last Edit: November 16, 2017, 03:11:19 PM by Scot Harvath »

Offline DanielRyder

• Crewman Second Class
  • What must I sacrifice?
    • Inkitt.com
« Reply #42 on: January 16, 2017, 08:52:57 PM »

Ryn nodded at the captain and responded, "She's ready to get underway. We might need to check a few systems, but we should be good."

She looked around the bridge before looking at the viewscreen. There was something about the ship that told her that it was ready to go, so they needed to get going soon.

Offline Scot Harvath

• Crewman Third Class
« Reply #43 on: January 16, 2017, 09:19:23 PM »
"What systems are in question Commander Sheppard?" Scot asked. Scot sat and scanned the bridge as he waited for the reply. Everyone was busy, making preparations for departure, focused on their stations.
« Last Edit: November 16, 2017, 03:11:04 PM by Scot Harvath »

Offline DanielRyder

• Crewman Second Class
  • What must I sacrifice?
    • Inkitt.com
« Reply #44 on: January 17, 2017, 08:44:41 PM »

Ryn pondered a bit before on what was said over the intercom and responded, "Engineering. About an issue with the sensor masking system. They are working on the problem."

She recalled the previous message and wondered if she should go down there to check it out herself. She was operational before and knows something about engineering systems.

Enterprise © Bloc