Welcome, Guest. Please login or register

Login with username and password

Author Topic: William Huxley  (Read 354 times)

Offline Troy

• Crewman Third Class
William Huxley
« on: August 31, 2015, 12:24:28 AM »
Played By: Bryan 

Species: Human
DOB: 2350

Nationality: German/English/Irish

Height: 5’11
Weight: 179 lbs
Hair: Dark Brown
Eye: Light Brown

Physical Description: He keeps his hair cut short and has a mustache.. A scar on his lower right leg from a combat wound received early in his career.

Spouse:  Lavinia
Children: Daughter: Aurelia (16)  Son: Alessio (10)
 Father: James
Mother: Amelia
Brother: Michael
Sister(s): Kirsten Dabney, Amelia Parham

Other Family: Rory Parham, Cyrus Dabney, Cleora Huxley, Gervas Nesbitt, Eulalia Huxley, Sage Helton, Imani Gallagher, Laszlo Gallagher

Personality:
Overview:
William prefers to approach a problem through troubleshooting and trial and error. His hands on approach to life influenced his decisions to become and pilot and later on an engineer. While not fully trusting of those in the Intel community, he has learned how to be amiable towards the. William will lead by example, while at the same time giving those under him plenty of leeway to do their job. He isn’t usually the first one to volunteer for a leadership position, but has no problem stepping up to the plate if the need arises.

Strengths: Flexible, Open Minded, Objective, Honest

Weakness: Absent-Minded, stubborn, and Sometimes condescending

Related Skills: Small Craft Piloting, Computer Programming, Structural Engineering, Mechanics

Ambitions: As XO of a starship, he would like to make successful first contact with a never before known species.  William would like to be involved in creating a new shuttle craft from the ground up.

Hobbies: Flying, Chess, Mystery Holo-Novels, Fiddle

William was born at Vega Colony on Earth’s moon. Growing up he learned how to fly shuttle craft at an early age. During his teens he would race others in shuttle craft. However the craft used were old and would frequently break down, forcing the racers to make their own repairs.

Starfleet Academy:
In 2368, William joined Starfleet Academy just after his 18th birthday. His original intent was to major in engineering with a minor in flight control. However, with clouds of war gathering on the horizon, he chose a different course of study; majoring in flight control, with a minor in operations. The summer before his senior year, William went to the Marine Advanced Combat Pilot Academy, for some additional training as a fighter pilot. This was not the full course, but rather a condensed summer session designed to give cadets an overview of combat tactics.
After his sophomore year William married lifelong friend Lavinia Gallagher.

Service Record:   
Upon Graduation from Starfleet Academy in 2372 he was assigned to the USS Thunderbolt, NCC 73051 as a fighter pilot. During the Dominion War he served as a fighter pilot, participating in most major engagements of the war. After the destruction of the Thunderbolt towards the end of the war, Huxley was temporarily assigned to the Akira class, USS Dragon. After the end of hostilities, William made the decision to re-enroll at Starfleet Academy to pursue a career in engineering.

In 2375, William returned to Starfleet Academy to study Engineering. As he had originally minored in operations and was focusing on just engineering classes, William was able to complete his education in just over two years’ time. As expected he was once again assigned to the USS Thunderbolt, with a few changes. He was now an engineer aboard the Excalibur Class ship, which was assigned to the Federation side of the DMZ with the Cardassians. In 2379 he was reassigned to Starbase G-6, near Betazed, where he served as part of the engineering team until transferring to the Ben-Nevis as Chief Engineer. After the destruction of the Ben-Nevis, William transferred to the Calisto along with most of the crew. In 2387 he transferred positions onboard the Calisto to become the Chief Operations officer. Three years later, he took over as the 2nd XO of the Calisto while remaining the Chief of Operations.

In 2393, the Calisto was heavily damaged in the Battle of Rivendell which meant it would need extensive overhaul to once again be space worthy.  While he enjoyed his time on the Calisto, William took this as an opportunity to change ships. Finding an opening on the Nexus, he transferred aboard the Sovereign class starship as Chief Engineer.

Service Record:

2368-2372: Cadet @ Starfleet Academy

2372-2374: Fighter Pilot: USS Thunderbolt

2374-2375: Fighter Pilot: USS Dragon

2375-2377: Starfleet Academy Engineering Program

2377-2379: Engineer: USS Thunderbolt-B

2379-2382: Chief Engineer: USS Ben-Nevis

2382-2384: Chief Engineer: USS Calisto

2387-2390: Chief Operations Officer: USS Calisto

2390-2393: Chief Operations Officer/ 2XO: USS Calisto

2393-Present: Chief Engineer: USS Nexus

Offline DanielRyder

• Crewman Second Class
  • What must I sacrifice?
    • Inkitt.com
Re: William Huxley
« Reply #1 on: August 31, 2015, 10:50:11 AM »
Looks good. Approved. Making you Lieutenant Commander. I'm getting ideas already, so I'll PM you in a bit once I get things together.

Oh yeah. Who is the actor? Can you put a post for character claim for a Face Claim?

http://lostworlds.megabytetechsolutions.org/index.php?topic=1383.0
I already lost one captain. I won't lose another. ~ Lieutenant Ash Tyler, Star Trek Discovery

Offline Troy

• Crewman Third Class
« Reply #2 on: August 31, 2015, 11:15:07 AM »
Awesome, I get to keep my old rank. The actor is Justin Chambers, I also posted it in the face claim.

Offline DanielRyder

• Crewman Second Class
  • What must I sacrifice?
    • Inkitt.com
« Reply #3 on: August 31, 2015, 12:19:11 PM »
Yup. Its a bio best suited for a commander  ::)  :P
I already lost one captain. I won't lose another. ~ Lieutenant Ash Tyler, Star Trek Discovery

Offline Mim

• Administrator
  • Crewman Second Class
  • Lost in SpAce
    • My Facebook
« Reply #4 on: December 13, 2017, 10:59:19 PM »
 Should have been approved ages ago :fp

Done! :yes:
"To boldly go where no man should, its women's business"

:sam10

Offline DanielRyder

• Crewman Second Class
  • What must I sacrifice?
    • Inkitt.com
« Reply #5 on: December 13, 2017, 11:06:35 PM »
Mel....you're confusing me. I approved it already  :fp

Offline Mim

• Administrator
  • Crewman Second Class
  • Lost in SpAce
    • My Facebook
« Reply #6 on: December 13, 2017, 11:25:05 PM »
 Yes but this is the new forum, so no ya didn't and ye all have no powers here  :sam10 :P
"To boldly go where no man should, its women's business"

:sam10

Enterprise © Bloc