Welcome, Guest. Please login or register

Login with username and password

Author Topic: U.S.S. Valhalla (NCC-18000) Ship's Lounge, Elysian Fields (Main Level)  (Read 1328 times)

Offline Ellen_Ripley

• Galaxy Moderator
  • Crewman Third Class
  • "I am the Mother!"

<<From Sick Bay>>

Being on the same deck was handy, fortunately for Paddy he had no difficulty in getting to the lounge as deck five at this point appeared to be the most secured on the ship from his point of view. He left two marines on the outside after sending another two down to Rebecca then dived straight in seeking out the medic from the Marine corps. "Okay then lad, give me a quick update, I want a rundown on the worst cases first."
« Last Edit: May 15, 2017, 08:45:17 PM by MelsMum »

Offline SymonDrayson

• Administrator
  • Petty Officer
  • Contra Ignorantiam
<Private Lakshmanan - Corpsman>

The tired looking corpsman looked around the room and then back to Paddy, "Well, we have two pretty serious cases of radiation burn, we've done all that we can do for them. Those types of wounds are a little outside my ability, unfortunately. We have three more cases with phaser wounds of varying degrees and eight cases ranging from sprains to internal injuries. We've unfortunately had five fatalities."

Contra Ignorantiam
“What you are searching for is inside you. The harder you look  ‘out there’, the more obscured it becomes within. ”

Offline Ellen_Ripley

• Galaxy Moderator
  • Crewman Third Class
  • "I am the Mother!"

Not good, while not the worst thing he has ever been confronted with it still wasn't an too to great situation to deal with under these conditions. "Lakshmanan is it?" He didn't have the best memory in the world when it came to faces. Paddy swung his kit bag down placing it on a nearby table. "I'll take care of the first two, while I'm doing that take this-" He fetched out a hypospray that had been pre-loaded with Terakine. "-around the base of the neck, you know how to use. Give 5 cc's to each of the others, that will ease their pain while I work." For his job on the radiation burns it would be liberal slatherings of Kelotane. It was the best they had.

@SymonDrayson

« Last Edit: June 01, 2017, 07:34:42 PM by MelsMum »

Offline SymonDrayson

• Administrator
  • Petty Officer
  • Contra Ignorantiam
{Private Lakshmanan}

Lakshmanan did as the doctor instructed and tended to the other wounded crewmen. He wasn't quite used to the kinds of wounds before him. Previously the most he had dealt with were the various wounds received during training exercises. He hoped that he could manage during the current crisis, especially since the injuries he was currently confronted with were much different than the basic combat injuries he had been trained for. At least there was an actual doctor on hand now.

Contra Ignorantiam
“What you are searching for is inside you. The harder you look  ‘out there’, the more obscured it becomes within. ”

Offline Ellen_Ripley

• Galaxy Moderator
  • Crewman Third Class
  • "I am the Mother!"

The first two were the worst, one of them sadly succumbing to her wounds before Paddy could even assess her, with her last gasp being taken at that very instant he had his hand on her neck to feel her pulse. It was to say the least gut wrenching, more so when he looked at the face, one of the few areas of her body that wasn't too badly burnt; she was so young, he knew from the ships records and his excellent memory this lass was barely twenty three years old.

Moving onto the second he had more hope, the man was alive, lucid but in extreme pain. The doctor administered the Kelotane in liberal amounts, gave him Asinolyathin, sprayed his wounds with the dermal osmotic sealant then he went to assist the Private. "You''re doing well lad. I'll attend to these last few then we'll see if somehow amidst all this turmoil we can have them moved to sick bay. Right now as impossible as it might sound, we need to set up a morgue if for nothing else simply to move these poor souls out of harms way." The worst thing imaginable and Paddy had experienced it before in combat was to not even be able to take care of the dead.
« Last Edit: July 25, 2017, 05:47:17 PM by MelsMum »

Offline SymonDrayson

• Administrator
  • Petty Officer
  • Contra Ignorantiam
The Marine team entered the ship's lounge with their weapons at the ready and walked several paces into the lounge and then lowered their weapons after assessing the situation. Several wounded crewmembers were laying around the room. The corporal in charge scanned the room and spotted the medical officer who had to be in charge. "Excuse me, sir," he said to Paddy. "We have cleared this deck and it is secure. You are clear to move your patients to sick bay."

Contra Ignorantiam

Offline Ellen_Ripley

• Galaxy Moderator
  • Crewman Third Class
  • "I am the Mother!"

As sweat poured from the old man's brow he of course cursed himself for not being as fit as that he demanded from the rest of the crew when each routine medical check came around for them. Not that he was particularly unfit for his age, no, it was the stogies that slowed him down considerably. That reminded him of the one hundredth time he promised his daughter he'd give it up. He looked up forlornly when the marine spoke, his work all but done. "Thank you corporal,your timing is impeccable, we are all done here as far as my department is concerned." He glanced at the Private, he could stand down now except the living had to be moved. Paddy activated his communicator. "Rebecca, Paddy here. We're on our way back with more wounded. Could you detail off four orderlies from our section to assist, thank you."
« Last Edit: July 25, 2017, 05:49:27 PM by MelsMum »

Offline SymonDrayson

• Administrator
  • Petty Officer
  • Contra Ignorantiam
=^= coms from Sickbay =^=

{Cadet Rebecca Bremer}

"Cadet Bremer here. We have things pretty much in hand here. Some minor cases still need to be dealt with, but I think I can handle them myself. I will send some crewmen to help you out. The away team has just returned and notified me to expect at least one casualty."

Contra Ignorantiam

Offline Ellen_Ripley

• Galaxy Moderator
  • Crewman Third Class
  • "I am the Mother!"

The waiting passed quite quickly, or at least as far as Paddy and his patients were concerned, fortuitous as it was they were on the same deck as his department and in truth not more than a skip and a hop away (if you can say that aboard a ship as large as the Valhalla, it was still some three hundred odd meters distant).

Once the crewman arrived to assist, the wounded were conveyed away swiftly, with the old man taking one last glance around; he satisfied himself all that could be done had been. Now came the sad part. "Private." He addressed Lakshmanan quietly. "Make arrangements with the morgue to remove our deceased comrades as quickly and in as dignified a manner as possible. Once you're done, I could use your assistant down in sick bay if you would please." Tapping his communicator once he called his apprentice back again. "Expect to see me in around ten minutes lass, and please, once I hit that door can you make sure there is a very large coffee waiting for me. O'Flynn out."

Offline SymonDrayson

• Administrator
  • Petty Officer
  • Contra Ignorantiam
Re: U.S.S. Valhalla (NCC-18000) Ship's Lounge, Elysian Fields (Main Level)
« Reply #54 on: August 28, 2017, 11:52:14 PM »
Begin Chapter 3.
24 hours after end of Chapter 2.

Contra Ignorantiam

Enterprise © Bloc