Welcome, Guest. Please login or register

Login with username and password

Author Topic: U.S.S. Valhalla (NCC-18000) Ship's Brig  (Read 152 times)

Offline SymonDrayson

• Administrator
  • Petty Officer
  • Contra Ignorantiam
U.S.S. Valhalla (NCC-18000) Ship's Brig
« on: November 02, 2016, 01:00:53 PM »
Ships Brig

The brig is a restricted access area within the Security section. The U.S.S. Valhalla is equipped with 10 single occupancy cells, each of which contains a bed, retractable table and chair, a water dispenser, and a toilet. Each cell is secured with a level 10 force field emitter built into each doorway. There is a security officer on duty in this area at all times when prisoners are present.
« Last Edit: November 17, 2016, 02:24:25 PM by SymonDrayson »

Contra Ignorantiam
“What you are searching for is inside you. The harder you look  ‘out there’, the more obscured it becomes within. ”

Offline SymonDrayson

• Administrator
  • Petty Officer
  • Contra Ignorantiam
Re: U.S.S. Valhalla (NCC-18000) Ship's Brig
« Reply #1 on: August 28, 2017, 11:49:23 PM »
Begin Chapter 3.
24 hours after end of Chapter 2.

Contra Ignorantiam
“What you are searching for is inside you. The harder you look  ‘out there’, the more obscured it becomes within. ”

Offline SymonDrayson

• Administrator
  • Petty Officer
  • Contra Ignorantiam
« Reply #2 on: November 14, 2017, 11:30:07 PM »
>>> From Sick Bay <<<

Rebecca and Aldus re-materialized in the corridor outside of the main brig. Two security officers were standing there and waited before speaking, "We have a quarantine field up around the infected cell blocks. No one has been allowed in or out and we are monitoring all prisoners for any symptoms. Beyond that we weren't really sure what to do."

Rebecca listened and then nodded before looking over at the doctor.

Contra Ignorantiam

Offline Aldus_O.Flynn

• Crewman
« Reply #3 on: November 15, 2017, 06:28:25 PM »
 As they appeared, Aldus steadied himself for a moment. He was no longer what was merrily deemed around the ship 'a spring chicken', something of an archaic term someone had obviously looked up in the history logs at some point. He laughed it off, mostly because Paddy could still beat most of the men on the ship in an old fashioned arm wrestle and that meant a lot to him.

"Good, thank you. Rebecca," he thanked security before laying down the ground rules to his assistant, "we'll need blood samples and tissue samples as well. I'll take care of the latter. As soon as we have those in hand, we send them to the lab for analysis and wait. While we wait, we'll see if there is anyway we can stabilize the condition with some very large doses of antibiotics to begin with at least." Through his HAZMAT hood, lit from within his old eyes met the security guard again. "You can let us in now."

Offline SymonDrayson

• Administrator
  • Petty Officer
  • Contra Ignorantiam
« Reply #4 on: November 16, 2017, 12:58:18 PM »
One of the security officers nodded towards Aldus and then stepped over to a control panel next to the door and pressed several controls, first opening the door and then lowering the force field. He then stepped back nervously.

Once the door was open and the force field had been deactivated Rebecca stepped into the brig. A long corridor was flanked on both sides by three cell blocks, each containing three cells and a security station. Rebecca looked into each of the first two blocks and noted that they were empty, the occupants had already been evacuated. She then walked further down the corridor and checked the next to blocks. The left cell block was also empty, the right block however contained four bodies in one of the cells. Bodies. Rebecca wasn't sure that they could still be referred to as bodies. The disfigured masses were horrific to look at. The bodies were contorted in the most gruesome of ways, a couple were missing limbs. The closest things Rebecca had ever seen to this were the examples of transporter accidents which they had been shown at Starfleet Academy. She then continued down the corridor to the final set of cell blocks. Both contained more victims. Rebecca turned and called to Aldus, "We have a total of fourteen victims, all deceased, thankfully!"

She then stepped into one of the cell blocks and crossed the room to one of the cells which held three bodies. Reaching over she pressed the control panel next to the cell and lowered the security field. After entering she bent down and studied each victim visually while drawing blood samples. She then pulled out her medical tricorder and performed detailed scans of each body. 'What could have happened to these people?'

Contra Ignorantiam

Offline Aldus_O.Flynn

• Crewman
« Reply #5 on: November 16, 2017, 06:43:36 PM »
He'd seen worse, not for a very long time though. Somewhere along the way Paddy thought naively that intelligent beings had come beyond this, for he knew as soon as he saw the remains of the first few bodies this was in no way a natural occurrence, not in his mind at least. Shaking his head in disgust he went about with his own task, collecting tissue samples from skin (or what could be best described as resembling the remnants of skin), nail and hair. With that done, each sample placed into separate hermetically sealed containers he pipped his coms. "Rebecca, I'm two cells up from you, how are you doing?" He wanted to get out of their as soon as practical. "I have what I need so far." He added absently.

Offline SymonDrayson

• Administrator
  • Petty Officer
  • Contra Ignorantiam
« Reply #6 on: November 17, 2017, 06:03:28 PM »

Rebecca was just finishing scans of the last few bodies when her combadge chirped followed by the Doctors voice. Tapping her own badge she said, "I am just finishing up my scans of the last of the bodies. I should be done in a minute or two." as she moved to the last body something occurred to her. Tapping her badge again she said, "I am thinking I should get some comparative readings from some of the other prisoners who have not shown symptoms yet. Maybe try and establish what if anything all of the casualties had in common."
« Last Edit: November 29, 2017, 07:32:30 AM by SymonDrayson »

Contra Ignorantiam

Offline Aldus_O.Flynn

• Crewman
« Reply #7 on: November 20, 2017, 04:34:54 PM »
Brilliant, at this rate Paddy knew he could retire sooner than latter with his protege' picking up cues along the way as rapidly as he could think of them. The thing was he had no intention of retiring, despite what fleet thought, he wasn't going to be sitting behind any desk back home too soon. Once he'd hung up his stethoscope, it'd be fishing on some beautiful tropical world somewhere in the most peaceful corner of the Federation. "I'll give you a hand with that, we'll need a few more hands here shortly Rebecca." He tapped his own badge once. "Bridge, O'Flynn here in the brig. We need a disposal team here asap and as soon as we're done, I want this entire section closed for irradiation treatment." He began walking the few paces back to his assistant appearing a minute of two behind her.

"Nasty business this. We'll isolate the other prisoners though, there's a good chance that even though they might not be showing any signs just yet, they could still be carrying the virus." That would require the security teams to get down here with their own suits on as soon as it could be arranged.
« Last Edit: November 22, 2017, 03:19:21 PM by Aldus_O.Flynn »

Offline SymonDrayson

• Administrator
  • Petty Officer
  • Contra Ignorantiam
« Reply #8 on: November 21, 2017, 10:25:40 PM »
=/\= Comm System Comminication =/\=

"Yes sir. We will dispatch a response team immediately. Once they are finished we will initiate decontamination protocols."

@Aldus_O.Flynn @MelsMum
« Last Edit: November 21, 2017, 10:30:07 PM by SymonDrayson »

Contra Ignorantiam

Offline SymonDrayson

• Administrator
  • Petty Officer
  • Contra Ignorantiam
« Reply #9 on: November 21, 2017, 10:29:05 PM »
Rebecca listened to the message while she finished what she was doing. She stood and turned around just as Aldus approached. "I think I am done here sir. There aren't any more readings I can think to take." she said as she placed her tricorder back into its 'holster' located on her hip. "What next?"

@Aldus_O.Flynn @MelsMum

Contra Ignorantiam

Offline Aldus_O.Flynn

• Crewman
« Reply #10 on: November 22, 2017, 03:58:25 PM »
With a last look around to ensure they've not missed anything, those small little tell tale signs that a layman may miss or indeed anyone of the crew, Paddy was satisfied all was in hand as best as the circumstances allowed. Was there anything else his old mind may have forgotten? Yes, indeed there was.

"We need to go through the decontamination showers before we remove these HAZMAT suits, then I want them destroyed, Scot can explain the cost to HQ later if asked and he can tell them to speak to me if he's questioned on it. After that lass, we're going to be spending some considerable time in the lab, I hope you're up for it." A lot of good coffee will be in hand he hoped.

>>To Sick bay via decon>>
« Last Edit: November 29, 2017, 06:17:45 PM by Aldus_O.Flynn »

Offline SymonDrayson

• Administrator
  • Petty Officer
  • Contra Ignorantiam
« Reply #11 on: November 29, 2017, 07:42:41 AM »

Rebecca quickly looked around and made sure she wasn't forgetting anything. As she did so it occurred to her that even though her assignment wasn't even two months old she had already experienced more than some Starfleet officers would ever experience during their careers. An uprising, three significant battles, a mutiny and now a bonafide medical mystery. Rebecca focused her thoughts back on the job at hand and stepped out of the cell she had been in.

"Right behind you sir," she said as she followed Paddy back to Sickbay.

>>To Sick via via decon>>

Contra Ignorantiam

Enterprise © Bloc