Welcome, Guest. Please login or register

Login with username and password

Author Topic: U.S.S. Valhalla (NCC-18000) Security Office  (Read 318 times)

Offline SymonDrayson

• Administrator
  • Petty Officer
  • Contra Ignorantiam
U.S.S. Valhalla (NCC-18000) Security Office
« on: November 02, 2016, 12:59:37 PM »
Security Office

Access to the rest of the Security Section is made through the Security Office. A secured door leads into the security office in front of the station occupied by the Security Duty Officer. The rest of the security section is accessed through a doorway on the other side of the security office, opposite the main entrance.

The Security Office is the command center for security operations aboard ship. Security  Officers man the stations here around the clock and are able to monitor the ships most sensitive areas (Bridge, Engineering, Computer Core, etc) as well as all other areas of the ship through recording devices and sensors of various types. From here, security teams can be directed to any part of the ship as needed and all data coming into the Security Office is also routed to the Tactical Station on the Bridge so that the Chief Tactical Officer can direct security operations from the Bridge in crisis situations. The Chief Tactical Officers personnel office is located next to the Security Office.
« Last Edit: November 17, 2016, 02:25:04 PM by SymonDrayson »

Contra Ignorantiam
“What you are searching for is inside you. The harder you look  ‘out there’, the more obscured it becomes within. ”

Offline Cipherhornet18

• Administrator
  • Recruit
  • "Yo buddy, still alive?"
Re: U.S.S. Valhalla (NCC-18000) Security Office
« Reply #1 on: July 19, 2017, 06:42:49 AM »
<LtCmdr Erin Parker>

Erin wasn't too thrilled that she had to cut her lunch short to come back down to the Security Office, but the matter seemed simple enough to address. Someone had changed the permissions to some low level processes and then someone else had made the problem worse rather than asking for help.

She had just entered her office and sat down behind her desk when the Red Alert sounded. Taking a breath, Erin stood up and started to exit when an alert from one of the terminals began to sound. One of the Ensigns manning the security station looked up at her with a look of confusion on his face.

"Commander, I'm showing signs of weapons fire. On the ship." The Ensign said. Erin stopped and headed for the station, looking over his shoulder. It would have been considered a possible malfunction if the readings weren't popping up all over the ship. Erin tapped her commbadge.

"Parker to Bridge." She was met with static.

"Parker to Captain Harvath." Once again, only static.

"Parker to any personnel, respond." Static.

"What's going on?" The Ensign asked. Before Erin could respond, the doors hissed open and four men with phasers rushed in. One of them shot one of the other Ensigns at the other station as he went for his phaser.

"HANDS! LET ME SEE YOUR HANDS!" One of the attackers shouted. Erin raised her hands, but did the only thing she could think of to buy time.

"Computer, lock out all Security Station consoles. Authorization Parker Two-Seven Gamma Nu." She called out. All of the screens in the room flashed red, with the words ACCESS DENIED over them. One of the men walked up to her and struck her across the head, knocking her to the deck before hauling her to her knees by her hair. He jammed his phaser under her chin.

"You just made a terrible mistake, Commander. I was just going to have you all shot, but now we have to drag this out." The man hissed, "Unlock the consoles, or this goes from bad to worse."

Erin stared at him, forcing herself to sneer at the man with a phaser on her.

"Man makes plans, and God laughs." Erin said, reciting a quote from one of her holonovels. The man's response was to strike her across the face with his phaser, knocking her to the deck once more, a gash now across her left cheek. He pulled her back up by her hair and pressed the phaser into her temple this time.

"Unlock. The. Consoles." The man said.

"You're in a miserable bargaining position. Kill me, and the consoles remain locked. If I unlock them, you still kill me. So the way I see it, I'm dead either way, my way just frustrates you more." Erin said. One of the other attackers grabbed the Ensign that Erin had been talking to and threw him in front of her, putting his phaser to the young man's head.

"Again, why should I help you if you're going to kill him anyways? If this mutiny was riding on you four, then you might want to just go pick out a cell now." Erin glanced at the man holding the Ensign, who frowned and then pushed his captive aside before hauling Erin to her feet.

"We can crack the encryption..."

"And you're just as good at negotiation as you are at lying." Erin's eyes darted around the room. The other two men were covering the door, their attention fixated more on that then the scene unfolding in the room. That told her enough, that these four were racing against the clock.

Before she could process any more, the Ensign attacked the man who had struck her, and the two were in a struggle on the floor. Her present captor tried to move to get a clean shot, but Erin snapped into action. She struck him twice with open palm strikes to the face, before grabbing his right arm and twisted around so as to pull it over his shoulder and put him between her and the door guards. Twisting his arm sharply, she could hear his shoulder dislocate, causing him to drop the phaser. Locking that arm into an arm lock with her right arm, she then dropped to a knee, grabbed his phaser, and shot the man who was struggling with the Ensign.

Arming himself, the Ensign and Erin both quickly dispatched the door guards. The doors hissed open and Security personnel rushed in with phasers at the ready, lowering them when they saw Erin.

"Commander. There's a full blown mutiny. Security and Marines are turning on the crew. We came here to re-establish contact with the bridge." The leader of the team said. Erin rolled her former captor off of her back and let him be taken into custody.

"Computer, release lockdown on Security Station, authorization Parker Two-Seven Gamma Nu." Erin said first, lifting the lockdown, "Ensign, try to get communications back up, put forcefields in place on the Armory and Secondary Bridge. In fact, try to block off the entire deck, let's try to stem the tide."

The Ensign nodded and tried to do as she requested, but not everything was possible.

"Commander, I can't block access to the deck, someone is circumventing my access. But I've erected level 10 forcefields to secure the Armory and Secondary Bridge."

"Good. Alright, we..." Erin paused as she heard the Captain's call come through. Taking a sigh of relief, Erin nodded and tapped her commbadge.

"Understood Captain. On my way." She replied. "Two of you, remain here. The rest of you, secure the Armory and Secondary Bridge entrances. Make sure no one attempts to access them, let no one in without my approval or the Captain's. We can't afford to let our guard down yet."

"I'll try to re-establish communications where I can, coordinate with our teams to secure the ship, Commander."

"Good. And good work back there, Ensign." Erin headed out and straight for the bridge as quickly as she could.

Offline SymonDrayson

• Administrator
  • Petty Officer
  • Contra Ignorantiam
« Reply #2 on: August 28, 2017, 11:48:53 PM »
Begin Chapter 3.
24 hours after end of Chapter 2.

Contra Ignorantiam
“What you are searching for is inside you. The harder you look  ‘out there’, the more obscured it becomes within. ”

Offline Aldus_O.Flynn

• Crewman
« Reply #3 on: October 05, 2017, 08:35:41 PM »
=/\= Communications =/\=

"O'Flynn to security. What have we got exactly. I need to know what and who to bring with me."

Offline Aldus_O.Flynn

• Crewman
« Reply #4 on: October 11, 2017, 07:07:16 PM »
=/\= Communications =/\=

"Clear all staff from anywhere within fifty meters of the area, seal it off at the outer sections and I'll be there shortly. HAZMAT suits will apply within that fifty meters."

Enterprise © Bloc