Welcome, Guest. Please login or register

Login with username and password

Author Topic: U.S.S. Valhalla (NCC-18000) Marine CIC-Bridge  (Read 453 times)

Offline Storr Garlake

• Recruit
Re: U.S.S. Valhalla (NCC-18000) Marine Combat Information Center - Bridge
« Reply #15 on: July 30, 2017, 07:10:57 PM »
"We have received updates from most decks and it appears that between ships security and marines the situation is mostly under control. All sensitive areas of the ship have been secured and a few of the lower decks still need to be swept. I detailed a couple of squads from third platoon to assist. We have five marines confirmed KIA, that includes the CO and XO and at least a half dozen injured." Storr said, all the while monitoring the various situational displays.
« Last Edit: November 16, 2017, 03:19:19 PM by Storr Garlake »

Offline Scot Harvath

• Crewman
« Reply #16 on: July 31, 2017, 05:54:16 PM »
==^== Combadge Communication==^==

{Scot Harvath}

"Attention, this is the Captain speaking. All department heads and senior Marine personel report for a senior staff briefing. That is all."

@Cipherhornet18
« Last Edit: November 16, 2017, 02:32:06 PM by Scot Harvath »

Offline Cipherhornet18

• Administrator
  • Recruit
  • "Yo buddy, still alive?"
« Reply #17 on: August 02, 2017, 06:21:49 PM »
<1Lt Walker Corwin>

Walker nodded as he looked over the information with Storr.

"At least that's done. Alright..." Walker was cut off by the Captain's call, and he sighed.

"...guess I'm going there. Okay, coordinate with the remaining sweeps, no stone unturned. Try to take any stragglers alive. Dead people have a hard time talking." Walker said, turning for the exit, "This day really put a lot of good people through the wringer. Let's try to bounce back from it as gracefully and swiftly as we can."

>>>To Briefing Room>>>

Offline SymonDrayson

• Administrator
  • Petty Officer
  • Contra Ignorantiam
« Reply #18 on: August 28, 2017, 11:50:59 PM »
Begin Chapter 3.
24 hours after end of Chapter 2.

Contra Ignorantiam
“What you are searching for is inside you. The harder you look  ‘out there’, the more obscured it becomes within. ”

Offline Roxanne Dane

• Crewman
« Reply #19 on: October 03, 2017, 12:01:13 AM »
 Having spent the better part of the last four hours sleeping, Roxanne was well refreshed to start a new day. She had been at her station now for an hour.  At best so often she might go anywhere from 36 to 48 hours without sleep, such was the way in which her and of course her peoples DNA had been futzed with over the last two centuries by the Niaid. Not all of their so called 'improvements' worked out well, the worker class were a testament to that. Little more than mindless drones in many cases. It was nothing less than genetic cleansing.

Pouring over every detail, every little scrap that was known of the Consortium, every data feed; Roxanne absorbed it, filed it away in her mind for easy retrieval when needed. For now the only thing left to do was to gather her team leaders. Pressing her comslink, she made a multi channel call. "Captain Corwin, Lieutenant Commanders Parker and LeBlanc report to the Marine CIC please."

Offline Sherman LeBlanc

• Recruit
« Reply #20 on: October 03, 2017, 07:31:54 PM »
[Quarters > turbolift > CIC]

Sherman had gotten the call on his comm badge, having just gotten dressed. He responded that he was on his way. He rubbed at his eyes as he punched in the destination on the turbolift, going from Deck 3 to Deck 1 as was instructed of him. He shook his head, now feeling and appearing a little more on the alert and presentable side as the lift doors slid open.

His pace was purposeful as his eyes were fixated in front of him as he honed in on his particular location - Sherman had little intention of looking intimidating but this was his default state at this very point in time with regards to his goal of getting to CIC as quickly as possible.

As the doors slid open, Sherman walked in, taking a couple of steps in before pausing, his hands clasped behind his back. "LeBlanc reportin' for duty, major."

Offline Walker Corwin

• Recruit
Re: U.S.S. Valhalla (NCC-18000) Marine CIC-Bridge
« Reply #21 on: October 05, 2017, 01:40:30 PM »
Walker always started his mornings off early, getting in a quick workout before shower and breakfast. By the time had had gotten the call to report to the CIC, he was already one foot into the turbolift to that very destination.

"Corwin here. On my way, be there in just a sec."[/color] Walker replied via his commbadge, and continued on his way to the Marine CIC. Once there, he was about to head straight in but was partially blocked by the Chief Tactical Officer standing there.

"'scuse me, sir, blocking the door. And if you're looking like a Cadet on review, sir, the Major isn't going to bite your head off." Walker said with a wide smile that suggested only levity, carefully sidestepping his larger frame around the Commander.

"Morning, Major. It's another great day to be in the Corps, what's the good word today, sir?" Walker asked as he made his way over next to her console, still smiling.

Offline Erin Parker

• Recruit
« Reply #22 on: October 05, 2017, 01:51:21 PM »
=/\= COMMUNICATION =/\=

"Acknowledged. Be there in...ah...about five minutes."
« Last Edit: October 05, 2017, 01:51:35 PM by Erin Parker »

Offline Sherman LeBlanc

• Recruit
« Reply #23 on: October 08, 2017, 05:21:03 PM »
"'scuse me, sir, blocking the door. And if you're looking like a Cadet on review, sir, the Major isn't going to bite your head off."

Sherman had turned his focus upon the Marine and the larger figure - though height was not different, it was clear that the body type was, as he watched the Captain sidestep his way around him. Sherman relaxed a little bit, though his features still as usual.

He followed suit after the Captain, allowing the man to speak up first as he glanced around the CIC bridge.

Offline Roxanne Dane

• Crewman
« Reply #24 on: October 09, 2017, 02:17:15 AM »
 Since Roxanne was the stranger here she had to make sure that each of them were as comfortable with her as could be made humanly possible. Although her background gave rise to the view of some she had already encountered between the Valhalla and the star base Unity, that she was nothing much than a pre-programmed entity posing as a military officer with very little experience in either human relations or even common diplomacy. Roxanne was about to prove them all wrong on that score.

"Please, take a seat we have much to discuss. Lieutenant Commander Parker will be here very shortly, but in that brief moment I would like the both of you to tell me if either of you have any reservations about me being in the position I have been given." While she and Walker had worked together briefly, she would still like to know very much where she stood. "I cannot impress upon you that I value honesty above most things. So if there is something you want to say, now is the time." Roxanne was reasonably confident that Erin was alright with her being given the role the captain had thrust upon her, in truth they were equals in the hierarchy of things in any case.

Offline Walker Corwin

• Recruit
« Reply #25 on: October 10, 2017, 09:46:15 PM »
Walker let his grin fade away before speaking up, since he figured he needed to be serious to respond to the Major's question.

"Major, I'm good to go. The Captain obviously sees that you have the leadership and combat qualities that make you suited for the post, or else he wouldn't have made you my CO or a Major. I prefer to give people a chance to prove themselves rather than drawing some half-cocked conclusions based on first encounters." Walker explained, "Besides, my job is best put by the Klingons, I serve the Captain, but I stand for the crew. I'm going to have your back, but I'm also going to make sure the troops are considered in our decisions. So as long as you don't go throwing lives away needlessly and return the respect given to you, you've got my support. And the Captain said to make sure you're up to speed on how we do things in Starfleet, and that's going to be a crash course, so I'll be patient. You're going to be picking up in probably weeks what we had years to soak in. But you've also got a head start, so that's a plus." Walker concluded with a broad smile once more.

Offline Thaddeus

• Recruit
« Reply #26 on: October 14, 2017, 11:49:50 AM »
As the major asked whether either of them had their reservations, Sherman fell into a pensive silence as he mulled over the best way to respond to such question. By all means, his track record was not the cleanest, having had fights in his youth and that he was wiling to bend the rules should the situation ever require it. But, as it stood, Sherman did not have qualms over the position in which the major had been given and Walker seemed to have summed it up nicely for him.

"I judge things off actions, more than words. But, what the Captain has just said rin's true for what I expect, Major." Sherman replied.

Offline Roxanne Dane

• Crewman
« Reply #27 on: October 16, 2017, 01:40:46 AM »
 The seemingly young looking woman wearing the Major's pips that certainly might have felt completely out of place for some of the crew. At times when looking at her, from any perspective she may appear to be barely out of her teens, a fact not lost on the immediate personnel having been around her in the last 48 hours or so. But her experience and knowledge soon put paid to that, not to mention that with the rather bizarre altering of her DNA by that race of aliens once known as the Niaid, Roxanne was in fact well into her 70's.

Acknowledging the support they gave her, she then went straight into detail. "As you know we are now in alert condition yellow and although the ship has sustained some damage, we are moving towards the Consortium research station at a fairly good rate. We do though still have a job to do, as the Captain and XO feel that it is highly possible the post may have been compromised so we'll need to be ready to do a complete search of the station the moment we arrive." Pausing to lean on the chart table, Roxanne frowned for a moment. "This is where I will need the assistance and advice of all of you...." She noted that Erin was still yet to arrive. "...my familiarity with the Federation and her allies goes only as far as this ship and my former brief prison. I will need some guidance along the way."
« Last Edit: October 17, 2017, 10:35:03 PM by Roxanne Dane »

Offline Erin Parker

• Recruit
« Reply #28 on: October 16, 2017, 01:41:44 PM »
Erin finally reached the CIC, having missed the turbolift on her deck to her annoyance. Today simply was not starting off that well. She took a moment to compose herself before stepping inside.

"My apologies, everyone. I lost a good chunk of the night going over that information the Captain gave me at the debriefing." Erin said with a weak smile as she joined the others.

Offline Roxanne Dane

• Crewman
« Reply #29 on: October 24, 2017, 09:39:56 PM »
 "Very well then, if we do not have anything further to discuss, I believe from what I have been reading the next expression I should be using is that we're to gear up?" It sounded about right at least, the little translator node was of course working over time but Roxy was picking up swiftly. In her own estimates she believed within another two weeks or so she could do without the translator altogether.

Enterprise © Bloc