Welcome, Guest. Please login or register

Login with username and password

Author Topic: U.S.S. Valhalla (NCC-18000) Briefing Room / Lounge  (Read 1712 times)

Offline SymonDrayson

• Administrator
  • Petty Officer
  • Contra Ignorantiam
Re: U.S.S. Valhalla (NCC-18000) Briefing Room / Lounge
« Reply #30 on: December 21, 2016, 12:00:01 AM »
{Marine Captain Torino}

Captain Torino entered the briefing room and then walked over to the conference table and took a seat. He sighed as he sat and waited. He wanted to get this over with and get back to his office. There were other lectures from the War College that he wanted to listen to.

Contra Ignorantiam
“What you are searching for is inside you. The harder you look  ‘out there’, the more obscured it becomes within. ”

Offline Owen Murtaugh

• Recruit
« Reply #31 on: December 21, 2016, 05:51:00 PM »
Owen entered the briefing room and glanced at Captain Torino. There was something about the man that Owen did not like. Maybe it was the arrogant way the Marine Commander carried himself or maybe it was the fact that the man was obviously an officer with little or no experience as a 'line' officer. Whatever it was, he didn't trust him. Owen rounded the table and took a seat across from Captain Torino.
« Last Edit: November 16, 2017, 03:28:14 PM by Owen Murtaugh »

Offline DanielRyder

• Crewman Second Class
  • What must I sacrifice?
    • Inkitt.com
« Reply #32 on: December 21, 2016, 07:15:10 PM »

Turning into the doorway, Ryn passed through the threshold from the bridge to the briefing room. Seeing the two men seated across each other, she blew a light sigh and walked over around them to sit in the middle facing both. Cupping her hands together, she leaned slightly forward straightening her back and pondered on her next couple words. They had several things to discuss and she wanted to start somewhere. Opening her mouth, she spoke, "Gentlemen. We are here to discuss and talk about a few things." Turning to the marine, Ryn unclasped her hand and offered an open palm toward him while keeping her elbows on the table, "Captain Torino, since you brought it to my attention, why don't you start?"

Sitting in between the two men, Camryn turned on her listening side and gave her full attention. She could sense a little bit of distrust from Owen toward the marine captain, but it was understandable. All she wanted was resolution and to make sure things go smoothly for their mission. Since it was her first time as XO, it would be her trial run at it so she would have to prove herself that she can do this.
« Last Edit: December 21, 2016, 07:17:53 PM by Greenhorn »
I already lost one captain. I won't lose another. ~ Lieutenant Ash Tyler, Star Trek Discovery

Offline SymonDrayson

• Administrator
  • Petty Officer
  • Contra Ignorantiam
« Reply #33 on: December 21, 2016, 09:14:55 PM »
{Marine Captain Torino}

Captain Torino let out a sigh and leaned forward, looking down at his PADD which was lying on the table. "Simply put, we should work out what security responsibilities my Marine detachment is responsible for, what areas your security personnel can guard adequately, and what areas we share responsibility for."

Owen bristled at the Captain's comment but held his tongue as Captain Torino continued. "Obviously my Marines will be responsible for the Marine deck as well as the CIC on the bridge. I would suggest that one of my platoons be detailed to the engineering section, computer core, and operations office. Ships security can handle the security offices, transporter rooms, and roving patrols and other less vital areas of the ship. We can share the responsibility for repelling hostile boarding parties."

Owen spoke up as soon as the Marine commander was done speaking. "With respect Captain Torino," he started, even though he really wanted to tell Captain Torino exactly what he thought of his recommendation, and what he thought of him personally, "my security personnel are more than capable of performing their jobs. Most every security officer on this ship, including myself, are veterans of multiple combat engagements during the Dominion War. Setting that aside, I would recommend that, with the exception of the Marine deck and the Combat Information Center, we share responsibility for other vital areas of the ship, mixed teams of Marines and Security personnel. We know the ship better, which would make co-ordinating movements more efficient."

{Marine Captain Torino}

Torino simply rolled his eyes when Owen finished talking and then sat there.

Contra Ignorantiam
“What you are searching for is inside you. The harder you look  ‘out there’, the more obscured it becomes within. ”

Offline DanielRyder

• Crewman Second Class
  • What must I sacrifice?
    • Inkitt.com
« Reply #34 on: December 27, 2016, 10:12:51 AM »

Ryn sat there and listened to what they were saying. Both opinions were valid. As a veteran of the Dominon War herself, she could understand Owen's side but Captain Torino's detachment was probably more trained and heavily guarded. However, experience and training from both was important. She responded carefully looking at both, "Captain. Lieutenant. Both responsibilities would work. Security and Marines should join forces depending on the situation. While our security has more defined experience and skill in combat since the Dominion War, the marines have more training. Security should stay where they are guarding the same areas that the marines can guard, Captain. I suggest we work out our differences and work together because when the time comes, we might need the combined training and experience. We should have separate teams. One group of security and one group of marines. Small teams of four to six should be enough to guard vital areas of the ship and the non essentials areas as well. It is important to not forget that we have civilians onboard the ship."

She paused letting the information process as she did her best to listen and share her thoughts. The commander wanted both parties to work together and agree on stuff even if they might have some disagreements on certain situation.
I already lost one captain. I won't lose another. ~ Lieutenant Ash Tyler, Star Trek Discovery

Offline Owen Murtaugh

• Recruit
« Reply #35 on: December 31, 2016, 09:51:15 AM »
"Very well, sir. I will work on a security plan and have it in place once we are underway. It will likely focus on the most sensitive areas of the ship, with the exception of Marine areas." Owen said.
« Last Edit: November 16, 2017, 03:27:52 PM by Owen Murtaugh »

Offline SymonDrayson

• Administrator
  • Petty Officer
  • Contra Ignorantiam
« Reply #36 on: December 31, 2016, 10:04:35 AM »
{ Marine Captain Torino }

"And I will make sure my men are familiar with the layout of your ship so that we can be better prepared to assist security forces in the event that the ship is boarded. I will also be adding three more guards to the CIC, two stationed outside on the bridge and two inside." Captain Torino said as he shook his head slightly.

Contra Ignorantiam

Offline DanielRyder

• Crewman Second Class
  • What must I sacrifice?
    • Inkitt.com
« Reply #37 on: January 02, 2017, 06:38:06 PM »

Ryn nodded satisfied that things will work out, "Good. Keep me in the loop, gentlemen. If there are no other concerns that I need to know at the moment, then we should get back to work. Are we good?"

Ryn added looking at both carefully. They might have questions. Otherwise, she granted them leave to get back to work. It wasn't cold or casual. It was duty and something that she should be getting back to. She had a feeling that they needed to be getting going soon. Shortly.

Offline Owen Murtaugh

• Recruit
« Reply #38 on: January 02, 2017, 08:46:27 PM »
Captain Torino stood without saying anything and left the briefing room.

Owen watched the man march out of the room and shook his head. "I will brief the security teams and start roving patrols on key decks once we are underway." He then stood and walked out of the room himself.
« Last Edit: November 16, 2017, 03:27:34 PM by Owen Murtaugh »

Offline SymonDrayson

• Administrator
  • Petty Officer
  • Contra Ignorantiam
« Reply #39 on: January 30, 2017, 07:50:35 PM »

Contra Ignorantiam

Offline Owen Murtaugh

• Recruit
« Reply #40 on: January 30, 2017, 08:57:08 PM »
=/\= Combadge Communication =/\=

{ Lieutenant Williams }

"Lieutenant Williams to Lieutenant Murtaugh, come in please."[/quote]

Owen looked up from the reports he had been studying and pressed his combadge, "Yes, Lieutenant Williams, what is it?"

{ Lieutenant Williams }

"Roxanne is wondering sir, how much longer before the rendezvous. She is ready."

Owen went back to reading reports as he replied, "We should be arriving at the rendezvous point within the hour. It is my understanding that the Captain will be meeting with her before we arrive."

{ Lieutenant Williams }

"Thank you, sir."

With the channel closed Owen stood and walked over to the replicator and ordered a black coffee. Drink in hand, he returned to his seat and picked up his PADD.
« Last Edit: November 16, 2017, 03:27:09 PM by Owen Murtaugh »

Offline Scot Harvath

• Crewman Third Class
« Reply #41 on: July 31, 2017, 05:57:50 PM »
Scot entered the briefing room and immediately walked over to his chair at the head of the table and sat down unceremoniously. Leaning back he rubbed his head and closed his eyes while he waited for the rest of the senior staff to arrive.

@MelsMum @Mim @Cipherhornet18 @DanielRyder @Troy @sorra
« Last Edit: November 16, 2017, 03:25:06 PM by Scot Harvath »

Offline Ellen_Ripley

• Galaxy Moderator
  • Crewman Third Class
  • "I am the Mother!"
« Reply #42 on: July 31, 2017, 11:18:05 PM »

"Paddy here lad. Give an old man a chance to at have a pee first. I'll be there in five."

*coms red-medical*

Offline sorra

• Galaxy Moderator
  • Crewman
« Reply #43 on: August 01, 2017, 08:43:00 AM »

Isla quietly walked into the briefly room.  She had no idea what was going to be said, but she was sure their poor captain had a lot on his plate.  A lot had happened in a short period of time.  Things that still didn't make sense and never should have happened.  She slipped into an empty chair, waiting quietly for the others to arrive.

Offline DanielRyder

• Crewman Second Class
  • What must I sacrifice?
    • Inkitt.com
« Reply #44 on: August 01, 2017, 04:41:36 PM »
Lt Commander Cameryn "Ryn" Sheppard

Upon being called, Ryn entered the briefing room. With her PADD under her arm, she turned to the captain and nodded. Depending on how the briefing room ends, she might have something to say. A lot has happened in such a short time. So many casualties. She had volunteered to look for the marine CO, but the commander didn't have much luck. He was dead. There wasn't anything they could do.

Taking her seat, Ryn waited for the briefing to start.

Enterprise © Bloc