Welcome, Guest. Please login or register

Login with username and password

Author Topic: U.S.S. Valhalla (NCC-18000) Briefing Room / Lounge  (Read 1563 times)

Offline SymonDrayson

• Administrator
  • Petty Officer
  • Contra Ignorantiam
Re: U.S.S. Valhalla (NCC-18000) Briefing Room / Lounge
« Reply #15 on: December 02, 2016, 09:22:02 AM »

"Well Doc, we should rendezvous with the S.S. Timbuktu within a day or two after our departure.Once the upgrades to our systems are done we will be leaving." Scot said as he looked at Aldus. He then shifted his gaze to Lieutenant Murtaugh, "How are the upgrades going Lieutenant?"

Owen Murtaugh

"Well sir, most of the major upgrades are completed. There are still some adjustments to the ship's sensors which need to be completed, but those should be done by the morning." was the response from Owen.

Scot nodded and then looked at Aldus again, "If you haven't been to sickbay yet I think you will be impressed. The medical suite is much larger than what you had on the Hawk and all of the equipment has been upgraded as well, including a ship wide holo emitter system dedicated to the Emergency Medical Holographic program. Hopefully, we won't be sending you too much work during this mission."
« Last Edit: December 12, 2016, 10:49:59 AM by SymonDrayson »

Contra Ignorantiam
“What you are searching for is inside you. The harder you look  ‘out there’, the more obscured it becomes within. ”

Offline Etana Hiroto

• Recruit
« Reply #16 on: December 04, 2016, 01:46:24 AM »
Etana spoke next, "The technicians from the starbase have completed all upgrades to our systems. The transponder and recognition codes have been updated and new communication protocols and encryption codes have been installed as well. Oh, and I have scheduled a complete diagnostic of all critical systems, just to be on the safe side."
« Last Edit: November 16, 2017, 03:31:59 PM by Etana Hiroto »

Offline Scot Harvath

• Crewman Third Class
« Reply #17 on: December 05, 2016, 09:47:55 AM »
"Very well Lieutenant Hiroto. I would like for you to work with Tactical on a way to adjust our sensors to better detect the stealth ship." After a brief pause, he looked over at Camryn and said, "Commander Sheppard, once we are underway I want you to organize a series of battle drills for all shifts. Lieutenant Murtaugh, in conjunction with these drills, have your tactical teams get some practice manually targeting the weapons."

Scot looked around the table again and then looked at his Chief Engineer, "Commander Huxley, how are things in engineering?"
« Last Edit: November 16, 2017, 03:31:44 PM by Scot Harvath »

Offline DanielRyder

• Crewman Second Class
  • What must I sacrifice?
    • Inkitt.com
« Reply #18 on: December 05, 2016, 06:36:22 PM »

Camryn continued to listen. She nodded with a response, "Yes Captain." She would have to prepare the drills and get everyone ready. They needed to be ready at a moment's notice. Turning to the chief engineer, she noted that he was as quiet as she was herself. They might have had something to say, but they needed to wait to get all the facts before they can participate. For Ryn, it was listening and gathering information.
I already lost one captain. I won't lose another. ~ Lieutenant Ash Tyler, Star Trek Discovery

Offline Troy

• Crewman Third Class
« Reply #19 on: December 05, 2016, 07:36:48 PM »
"Everything will be ready to go by the time we leave the station sir. We have a test of the ship wide holoemitters one hour from now. Obviously the best test of the upgrades will be actual ship operations, but I don't expect any trouble."

The idea of a rouge element in Starfleet wasn't a new one to Kasey, but he had never faced it on such a large scale. The Omega Molecule was new, and hopefully the 2 missions didn't collide.

Offline Ellen_Ripley

• Galaxy Moderator
  • Crewman Third Class
  • "I am the Mother!"
« Reply #20 on: December 07, 2016, 07:58:03 PM »

"Fair enough. I don't suppose though that you've already considered the fact that our laws may not accept her for what and who she is? I don't want it on my conscious that we turned an innocent over to nothing more than an inquisition. I don't think you do either Scot." He knew the man well enough to know that it would gall him as much as himself.

He leaned forward, resting his palms on his knees. "Be that as it may, no I've not physically seen it, only the specs shown to me back on the base. Two things lad, I'm looking forward to it, as well as looking forward to doing virtually nothing if you get my drift." That was of course in reply to Scot's last comment. The old rogue face was well in evidence.

Offline Scot Harvath

• Crewman Third Class
« Reply #21 on: December 08, 2016, 11:26:15 PM »
"Well Doc, I would hope that we have progressed beyond and inquisition, however, I will also be sending a personal message along with her security detail vouching for her and pleading the case that she be released and given help with her assimilation into her new life." With a sigh and a shake of his head he continued, "What weight, if any, my recommendations will hold, one can only guess at."

« Last Edit: November 16, 2017, 03:30:53 PM by Scot Harvath »

Offline Scot Harvath

• Crewman Third Class
« Reply #22 on: December 12, 2016, 10:48:11 AM »
After sitting for a minute, looking around the table and waiting for any other questions or comments, Scot finally stood up and said, "Since there doesn't appear to be any more questions or any other business I will assume everything is under control. XO, see to the combat drills and make sure the ship is ready for departure. Doc, see to sickbay and then get yourself some rest. Thanks for your help with Roxanne, it made the situation much easier I think. Commander Huxley, monitor the system upgrades and keep me informed." Scot paused for a moment and then looked at Elspeth, "Miss Deblin, I am releasing information concerning the Omega Particle to you. Familiarize yourself with it. I am assigning you to the team that will board the Consortium station and eliminate Omega."

After looking around the table one last time Scot said, "Dismissed."
« Last Edit: November 16, 2017, 03:30:02 PM by Scot Harvath »

Offline Troy

• Crewman Third Class
« Reply #23 on: December 12, 2016, 08:32:23 PM »
(Huxley)

"Aye sir. I'll keep an eye on the upgrades."

It was an easy enough task to carry out. First was to get a list of all planned upgrades and double check which ones were complete and which were still in progress. At this close to departure, he didn't expect any to yet be started unless they relied on a previous upgrade first. As the meeting broke up, he headed towards his office to get the required information.

(Deblin)

First mission on a new ship and she was being attached to dealing with the illusive Omega Particle. It was certainly unexpected, but she was looking forward to the challenge.

"Understood Captain. I'll need to pull a few other people in on this project but I'll keep it to the bare minimum. I'll try to compartmentalize the information as much as possible."

Offline DanielRyder

• Crewman Second Class
  • What must I sacrifice?
    • Inkitt.com
« Reply #24 on: December 12, 2016, 08:52:43 PM »

Camryn looked at the captain and nodded responding, "Yes sir."

It was her job after all to do those drills. She wished she had more to add but not at that time. The captain and everyone pretty much covered them all. This would be an interesting mission, but they needed to proceed with caution. Standing up, she left the briefing room as well and headed to the first place she needed to be. The bridge. They needed to get ready to leave, soon.

To Bridge
I already lost one captain. I won't lose another. ~ Lieutenant Ash Tyler, Star Trek Discovery

Offline Etana Hiroto

• Recruit
« Reply #25 on: December 12, 2016, 11:06:44 PM »
Etana stood and nodded towards the Captain and then headed over to the door leading to the Bridge. He wanted to get to work preparing for the ship's departure, and since the Chief of Operations hadn't reported aboard yet preparations fell to him. Duty rosters needed to be finalized, the ship's systems needed to have a complete diagnostic and he needed to make sure that the new transponder codes and communications protocols were updated, and those were just some of the items on his to-do list. Considering the upcoming mission, he wanted to make sure the ship's systems would be working at peak efficiency, he wasn't a fan of surprises, and he knew the Captain wasn't either.

When he reached the door Etana stepped through as it slid open.

<<Bridge>>

« Last Edit: November 16, 2017, 03:29:33 PM by Etana Hiroto »

Offline Owen Murtaugh

• Recruit
« Reply #26 on: December 13, 2016, 11:05:23 PM »
Owen stood as the briefing came to an end and quickly exited the briefing room and stepped out onto the bridge.

<<Bridge>>
« Last Edit: November 16, 2017, 03:29:18 PM by Owen Murtaugh »

Offline Scot Harvath

• Crewman Third Class
« Reply #27 on: December 13, 2016, 11:38:22 PM »
Scot stood there and collected his PADD as people left the briefing room then reached up and tapped his com badge lightly,

"Captain Harvath to Ensign Sanchez. Status report."

--/\--Combadge Communication--/\--

{ Ensign Sanchez }

"Ensign Sanchez here sir. Our guest and I are both in the Elysian Fields, she is currently eating lunch."

Scot nodded and then spoke again, "Very well. I will be there shortly. Harvath out."

After closing the channel Scot nodded to the officers left in the room and then exited the room, heading towards the ship's lounge.

<<Bridge>>

« Last Edit: November 16, 2017, 03:28:50 PM by Scot Harvath »

Offline Ellen_Ripley

• Galaxy Moderator
  • Crewman Third Class
  • "I am the Mother!"
« Reply #28 on: December 14, 2016, 06:37:06 PM »

"Good enough." The old man meant it as a thought, yet it came out aloud. Never mind, he stood last as he always did, no one questioned it and why should they. He was patching up folks, delivering babes long before most of them were born. Some in the fleet had taken to calling him the 'ancient mariner'. He had to of course look that up, being pleased that he did. At one point he quite surprised some of his colleagues by wearing an eye patch just for the fun of it.

<<To Medical>>

Offline SymonDrayson

• Administrator
  • Petty Officer
  • Contra Ignorantiam
« Reply #29 on: December 20, 2016, 11:46:08 PM »
<<<End Captain's Mission Briefing>>

<<Mission Day 0>>

Contra Ignorantiam
“What you are searching for is inside you. The harder you look  ‘out there’, the more obscured it becomes within. ”

Enterprise © Bloc