Welcome, Guest. Please login or register

Login with username and password

Author Topic: U.S.S. Valhalla (NCC-18000) Briefing Room / Lounge  (Read 1562 times)

Offline SymonDrayson

• Administrator
  • Petty Officer
  • Contra Ignorantiam
U.S.S. Valhalla (NCC-18000) Briefing Room / Lounge
« on: October 31, 2016, 10:21:06 AM »

Description:

This room is dominated by a large table, ringed by numerous comfortable high-back chairs. Several display consoles, both wall- and table-mounted, are installed. The room also includes a holographic display.
« Last Edit: November 24, 2016, 10:53:52 PM by SymonDrayson »

Contra Ignorantiam
“What you are searching for is inside you. The harder you look  ‘out there’, the more obscured it becomes within. ”

Offline Scot Harvath

• Crewman Third Class
Re: U.S.S. Valhalla (NCC-18000) Briefing Room / Lounge
« Reply #1 on: November 25, 2016, 12:24:36 AM »
Scot stepped into the briefing room and moved over to one end of the table where he sat down. Placing his PADD on the table in front of him, he tapped a few keys and then turned on the monitor mounted on the wall behind him. As he looked over information for the briefing Scot heard the door open, then close again. Glancing up he saw Lieutenant Murtaugh standing just inside the doorway. Scot chuckled and said, "Well take a seat Lieutenant.", Scot continued as Owen sat down, "Mission briefing will start when everyone arrives."

Scot then tapped his comm badge lightly before speaking.

"Attention, this is the Captain. All senior staff please report to the briefing room at once. All departments make preparations for departure and make status reports to the Executive Officer. That is all."

After tapping his comm badge again, closing the channel, Scot sat and let his mind wander as he waited.
« Last Edit: November 16, 2017, 03:34:26 PM by Scot Harvath »

Offline Ellen_Ripley

• Galaxy Moderator
  • Crewman Third Class
  • "I am the Mother!"
« Reply #2 on: November 25, 2016, 04:15:02 PM »

<<Roxanne's Room>>

Without fanfare Paddy began speaking the instant his foot stepped across the threshold. "She'll be fine Scot. Damned finer than what anyone else might be had they endured what she has, the girl has a resilience that'd put a Klingon to shame I have to say." He did at least take a few moments on his way to take off his white coat, not exactly regulation for a briefing in his opinion, although it took him out of his comfort zone.

"So lad, what have you been up to lately?" He looked down on Owen, his thick white eyebrows making a crooked line across his brow. Sitting down took the load off his back, reminding him of his self promise to lose some of that weight sitting on his waistline.

Offline DanielRyder

• Crewman Second Class
  • What must I sacrifice?
    • Inkitt.com
« Reply #3 on: November 26, 2016, 04:30:36 PM »

*Comm*

"Commander Sheppard to the Captain. I'm on my way sir."

Moments later as time passed, the door opened as Ryn crossed into the briefing room. She gave the old man a casual look wondering he was talking about as she briefly heard him say something about a girl having resilience that would put a Klingon to shame. She wasn't too far behind him that she was within earshot before the doors closed. With a shrug, she quickly walked over to her seat as she acknowledged the people in the room, "Captain. Commander. Lieutenant." She noted each one by the ranks on their neck as she never met any of them before being new here and not meeting anyone yet.

Placing the tablet on the table before her, Ryn entwined her fingers among each other as she clasped her hands and watched while waiting for the briefing to start. She casually listened to the conversation. Looking over to the captain briefly, she wondered if she would start calling her by her nickname which was defaulted to Ryn. Everyone calls her Ryn which she didn't mind. Aside a few officers or NCOs that would call her by rank, she would rather the person who knows her enough to start calling her by the name Ryn.

In either case, she wouldn't care. It was just a nickname to identify who the person was. If you called the person by the rank, she would expect the person to be professional about it and not be silly.
« Last Edit: November 26, 2016, 04:36:24 PM by Greenhorn »
I already lost one captain. I won't lose another. ~ Lieutenant Ash Tyler, Star Trek Discovery

Offline Owen Murtaugh

• Recruit
« Reply #4 on: November 27, 2016, 01:35:31 AM »
Owen looked up and smiled then nodded slightly, acknowledging the Doctor. "Hey, Doc. I'm settling in nicely. Thanks for asking. Glad you are coming with us." he said as he gestured towards an empty seat next to him. Moments later Lieutenant Commander Sheppard entered, greeting everyone in the room. Owen had heard good things about the Valhalla's Executive Officer and knew that she had received some prime assignments along with having served in the Dominion War. He was glad to know that she had arrived at her position through her hard work, not simply because she knew the right people. "Good afternoon Commander Sheppard."
« Last Edit: November 16, 2017, 03:33:37 PM by Owen Murtaugh »

Offline Scot Harvath

• Crewman Third Class
« Reply #5 on: November 27, 2016, 02:15:19 AM »
"Thanks, Doc.," said Scot after Aldus greeted Lieutenant Murtaugh. "I will be sure to check in on her a little later, once she has had some time to settle in." He still hated the way that the woman was being treated. If it were up to him she would be considered a guest instead of seen as a potential threat. But, orders were orders.

As Ryn entered the briefing room Scot looked at her and wished that he had had the opportunity to spend more time getting to know his new First Officer, it would have made things much easier during the upcoming mission. "Commander Sheppard before I forget I want to thank you for all of your work getting the ship ready over the past few days while I have been tied up in briefings."
« Last Edit: November 16, 2017, 03:33:21 PM by Scot Harvath »

Offline Troy

• Crewman Third Class
« Reply #6 on: November 27, 2016, 09:56:00 AM »
(Huxley)

Kasey entered the briefing room to find several other officers already present. He hadn't met any of them, but was sure as time went on he would get to know each one in some form or another.

"Afternoon everyone, Captain."

The Captain was easy enough to pick out in the group, and as the ship's CO he merited his own greeting.

Offline Etana Hiroto

• Recruit
« Reply #7 on: November 27, 2016, 09:09:30 PM »
Etana stepped into the room and walked over to the conference table and sat down. As he looked around the room he wondered how smoothly the mission, whatever it was, would go considering the ship was short-handed, like many other ships since the 'Event'. He was sure it would be interesting at the least. As he sat there waiting Etana let his mind wander to other things.
« Last Edit: November 16, 2017, 03:33:07 PM by Etana Hiroto »

Offline Troy

• Crewman Third Class
« Reply #8 on: November 28, 2016, 07:27:20 PM »

After picking up the PADD from the crewman, Elspeth entered the briefing room. She hadn't expected to be present, but this was far from her first briefing so she wasn't too nervous.

"Warrant Officer Elspeth Deblin representing the science department Captain."

Offline Ellen_Ripley

• Galaxy Moderator
  • Crewman Third Class
  • "I am the Mother!"
« Reply #9 on: November 28, 2016, 09:26:50 PM »

With the usual hello's nods and other typical greetings the briefing soon got under way, of course once everyone was seated. He had to add to Owen as a by the way though, he couldn't but not let the young man know. "As the old adage goes Owen, wild equines couldn't keep me away. Or at least something of that nature." Besides he hadn't served under a finer commander than Scot in many a year, too few Ship captain's gave their medicos as much free license as had been afforded to Paddy in getting his job done. Damn the regulations and protocol. Saving a life meant just that, no matter how you got it done. Yes he was something of a rogue, but possibly the most successful one in the fleet.

Offline Scot Harvath

• Crewman Third Class
« Reply #10 on: November 29, 2016, 11:46:02 AM »
Scot waited, reviewing various items as people arrived. When he saw that everyone had taken their seats he picked up his PADD and looked around the table before he began. "Good afternoon everyone, I have a lot to go over with you and I will try and make it quick." then, after a brief pause, he stood and continued. "As some of you know," he said as he glanced at Aldus, Owen, and Etana, "a little over a week ago, the U.S.S. Hawk, while on a routine patrol detected the presence of Omega Particles in the Sigma Epsilon system, an unexplored system, thought to be controlled by Consortium forces." Looking at his PADD, Scot selected a file, almost instantly an image appeared on the screen behind him.

"This is the Omega Molecule," he said as he gestured towards the screen. "The existence of Omega has been classified, with only Flag Officers and Starship Captains aware of its existence. A single Omega molecule contains the same energy as a warp core and a small chain could theoretically power an entire civilization. A single Omega molecule was synthesized in the late 23rd century by the Federation physicist Dr. Ketteract on board a classified research station in the Lantaru sector. The molecule remained stable for a fraction of a second before it exploded, killing 127 leading Federation scientists and consequently destroying subspace throughout the sector. A major concern is that a chain reaction involving a handful of molecules could devastate subspace throughout an entire quadrant. If that were to happen, warp travel would become impossible. Spacefaring civilization as we know it would cease to exist." Scot paused again and scanned the room, making sure he had everyone's complete attention. "When the presence of Omega is confirmed, all other priorities are rescinded until the threat is neutralized. The prime directive may be compromised during such a mission, if necessary. Likewise, all directives concerning Warp Speed limitations are lifted."

Scot paused again, placing the PADD on the table, before continuing. "When the Hawk arrived in the Sigma Epsilon system we found a Consortium research station, lightly defended, we thought, by small patrol ships. The Captain ordered the Hawk to move in and destroy the station. However, before we could destroy the station, the Hawk was attacked by another ship, apparently using a form of stealth technology similar to a system recently developed by Starfleet. Sensors had difficulty locking onto the vessel, and weapons had little effect. The Hawk was forced to withdraw before the mission could be completed." Scot sat down at the table and then looked around the room again.

"The Valhalla is begin sent back to the Sigma Epsilon system and is tasked with the destruction of the research station, the Omega Molecule, all research material, and any prototype weapon which may have been developed. The completion of this task is our one and only concern." Scot leaned back in his chair and placed a hand on top of the table. He reached over and spun his PADD on the table then continued.

"Task Force Intelligence is aware of incidents regarding attacks on civilian ships, as well as Dominion ships and outposts, by a vessel similar to the one the Hawk encountered. If we encounter this new Consortium ship and have the opportunity, Task Force Intelligence wants us to gather as much information as is possible. If we can disable and capture the ship we are to do so. If not, we are to destroy it. To this end, the Valhalla's offensive and defensive systems are being upgraded. And as some of you have probably noticed, a Federation Starfleet Marine detachment has been embarked on the Valhalla to assist in the capture of the Consortium vessel. We will be making a slight side trip once we leave in order to transfer a guest of some importance to our Intelligence experts to a civilian freighter bound for Deep Space Nice. Two security personnel will accompany this person to DS9 and will transmit a message to Starfleet Command detailing the current situation within the Gamma Quadrant."

Scot looked around the table again and then leaned forward, "Once we are underway, the Valhalla will be operating alone with little to no support. Admiral Cameron has made it very clear to me that, under no circumstances am I to allow the Valhalla to fall into Consortium hands. I think we all know what that means. And, considering the information I received just prior to this mission brief, that order is all the more relevant." Scot grabbed his PADD again, a dour expression on his face. "The voice you are about to hear is that of Captain Julius Grady, Commander of the U.S.S. Mithras and current Executive Officer of Task Force Nine." Scot pressed the screen of the PADD, playing the recording.

{ Captain Julius Grady }

"Any crew members of 'renegade' Star Fleet ships captured by loyal Task Force Nine forces, who refuse to swear allegiance to Commodore Terlexa will not be given quarter, nor will prisoners be taken. Captains and senior staff officers of said ships will be executed as traitors."

Scot waited in order to allow the message to sink in before continuing. "So, needless to say, any Consortium controlled ships we encounter will be attacked on sight. I wish that I could extend an offer of transfer for any crewman who desires one, but I cannot. We are undermanned as it is. You should share this information with your departments." Scot sat back in his chair again, scanning the room. "As soon as the system upgrades are completed we will get underway. As of this moment, no one will be allowed to transport on or off of the ship without my okay. Does anyone have any questions or input?"
« Last Edit: November 16, 2017, 03:32:51 PM by Scot Harvath »

Offline Troy

• Crewman Third Class
« Reply #11 on: November 29, 2016, 07:29:44 PM »
Elspeth listened to the briefing with interest. She had heard rumors of Omega Particles, but never had any experience with them. Once the briefing was over, she would have to get with Chief Mercer for his recommendations as to who in the Science Department should be assigned to be part of the team.   

The intel on the Consortium was almost of greater interest. She had heard inklings of discontent in the region, but this was the first specific details received about the political situation.

"It sounds like this Commodore Terlexa is a leading figure in this Consortium. What is their estimated strength in this region?"

Offline Scot Harvath

• Crewman Third Class
« Reply #12 on: November 29, 2016, 11:25:47 PM »

Scot looked at the young Science Officer and called up something on his PADD. "That is correct Miss Deblin, Commodore Trelexa was the Captain of the U.S.S. Tempest prior to the Event. Afterward, she promoted herself to the rank of Commodore and now leads Task Force Nine from Starbase Eleven. She is the highest ranking Consortium agent we are aware of, there are undoubtedly those to whom she answers and the extent of her actual importance is unknown. Concerning the strength of the Consortium, we know that roughly sixty percent of Task Force Nine is loyal to Commodore Trelexa, how many of those ships and personnel are actively part of the Consortium and how many are simply following the orders of what they believe to be the legitimate command authority is anyone's guess. In addition to starships the Consortium currently controls Starbase 11, the colony on New Bajor, Outpost 14, and most importantly the main communication relay and access to the Wormhole. The number non-Starfleet Consortium agents, ships, and other facilities are currently unknown." he said.
« Last Edit: November 16, 2017, 03:32:33 PM by Scot Harvath »

Offline DanielRyder

• Crewman Second Class
  • What must I sacrifice?
    • Inkitt.com
« Reply #13 on: November 30, 2016, 09:23:59 PM »

Ryn turned to the captain and nodded offering her silent you're welcome as well as thanks. She didn't mind helping out. As he started the briefing, she listened and was attentive to his every last detail. The Commander didn't want to miss a single detail. A few thoughts and ideas were shared especially pertaining this Omega Molecule. Looking over her tablet for the briefing, she flicked through the screen and sorted it out.

She heard a lot about the Omega Molecule. She wrote a paper about it once. Of course it was classified, so no one saw it as she never submitted it. They were supposedly very dangerous and highly unstable. If they encountered it, they would have to be extra careful. It caused the lives of the people around it when they mishandled it.

During his briefing, Ryn listened to the message Scot played. It was of the captain, the commander of the USS Mithras. Elspeth made a question which Scot answered. For now, Ryn was just listening and gather her notes. The briefing wasn't over. She still had time to add her input, but for now all she could do was just listen. The Consortium was obviously the power that controlled the small quadrant and was dangerous enough to be recognized. They needed to deal with them soon.
I already lost one captain. I won't lose another. ~ Lieutenant Ash Tyler, Star Trek Discovery

Offline Ellen_Ripley

• Galaxy Moderator
  • Crewman Third Class
  • "I am the Mother!"
« Reply #14 on: December 01, 2016, 10:02:45 PM »

This was devastating news for Paddy but not for the reasons most obvious, that being the Omega particle. That alone was none of his concern, he'd leave that for Scot and the science teams. What did bother him deeply was the fact that seven years ago he removed a malignant tumor from Trelexa's uterus, if not for him she'd be dead right now. His fear was what he would do or say, or how he'd even react if perchance he came up against her face to face. His own worry lines said as much. Scot surely would be aware of this, he knew Paddy's file backwards, his old eyes looked up slowly at his friend. Yet, there was another unrelated question he had to ask.

"What of the girl Captain? At what point are we transferring her?"

Enterprise © Bloc