Welcome, Guest. Please login or register

Login with username and password

Author Topic: U.S.S. Valhalla (NCC-18000) Main Bridge  (Read 3466 times)

Offline Ellen_Ripley

• Galaxy Moderator
  • Crewman Third Class
  • "I am the Mother!"
Re: U.S.S. Valhalla (NCC-18000) Main Bridge
« Reply #60 on: January 23, 2017, 05:42:02 PM »

While Aldus waited he took the valuable time to gather as much information as he could with the upcoming meeting of the ship and the next way point, which of course would involve the hand over of Roxanne. The ships CMO wasn't pleased about that, but naturally there was little to nothing he could do about it, other than the not so polite fifteen paragraphs he had written on a disc for Scot to use in the girl's defence if it came to that. Hopefully the powers that be had their brains switched on over this case.

With Rebecca's return, the old man's eyes lit up. She was a model of efficiency, he had to admit. "Thank you Lass, I'm sure the captain will be grateful." The sarcastic grin on his face said it all. "Captain, may I have your attention for a few moments please?" It could be in private of course, but Paddy's river didn't flow in that direction.

Offline Scot Harvath

• Crewman Third Class
« Reply #61 on: January 23, 2017, 07:47:24 PM »
Scot looked up and said, "What is it you need doc?"

Looking back at the small control panel, he typed in a few things and then said, "Helm, set course to these coordinates and prepare for departure."

"Yes sir." responded Lieutenant Keval, the Andorian junior flight officer currently manning the flight operations station.
« Last Edit: November 16, 2017, 03:08:29 PM by Scot Harvath »

Offline DanielRyder

• Crewman Second Class
  • What must I sacrifice?
    • Inkitt.com
« Reply #62 on: January 24, 2017, 01:04:16 PM »

Keeping her arms behind her back, Ryn listened as the captain talked with Engineering. They needed to make sure they have a smooth ride out. This mission was important, especially for her. It was her first mission as the XO. She wanted to be sure everything would go smoothly. Turning to the doctor, she nodded at the old man before returning to her XO chair. Sitting down, she toggled her armrest to look over a few systems on her side to monitor.

Turning to the Captain, she noticed him talking with the CMO. Ryn would have to keep an eye out for the bridge to make sure nothing goes wrong. Hopefully the Engineering problem would be fixed, but she'll have to keep an eye on that. Turning to her armrest, the commander tapped a few icons on the screen and toggled the Engineering systems. Flipping through a few screens, she noted that all systems were functioning correctly. She spoke looking up, "All systems standing by, sir. Departure from station is ready, Captain."

If she had to, she would watch over the bridge while he talked with the doctor in private.
« Last Edit: January 24, 2017, 01:06:33 PM by Greenhorn »
I already lost one captain. I won't lose another. ~ Lieutenant Ash Tyler, Star Trek Discovery

Offline Scot Harvath

• Crewman Third Class
« Reply #63 on: January 24, 2017, 11:13:13 PM »
"Thank you, XO. Once we are underway I want all engineering and bridge personnel who are on duty to be armed with type two phasers at all times. See to it." Scot said to Ryn. After thinking for a moment he turned towards the operations station and looked at Isla, "Commander, send a message to the S.S. Timbuktu notifying them that we are on our way to the rendezvous coordinates."
« Last Edit: November 16, 2017, 03:08:14 PM by Scot Harvath »

Offline sorra

• Galaxy Moderator
  • Crewman
« Reply #64 on: January 25, 2017, 08:15:39 AM »

Isla nodded.  "Yes sir."  She quickly pulled up the correct screen and typed out a message to that effect.  It was soon on its way to the Timbuktu.  "Done sir," she said.

Offline Ellen_Ripley

• Galaxy Moderator
  • Crewman Third Class
  • "I am the Mother!"
« Reply #65 on: January 26, 2017, 04:53:18 PM »

Making sure Rebecca had a box seat, Paddy made no fuss as to what he was about to do, taking the vial then filling the syringe with the clear yellowish liquid. "I'm going to make sure for your benefit and indeed the rest of the crew you are at the top of your game for the next twenty four hours Captain. This is a mega dose of B complex, something that your body is currently massively depleted of from your equally massive over working of yourself in the last few days." There were times the old man stated the obvious, but right now the crew needed to hear the same thing, for as he spoke he was assessing each and everyone of them. During the course of the next few hours they'd all get the same shot. "So be so kind as to roll up your sleeve lad so I can put this horse needle in the best vein you've got."

Offline Scot Harvath

• Crewman Third Class
« Reply #66 on: January 26, 2017, 07:34:03 PM »
Scot looked up and smiled slightly. As he rolled up his sleeve he said, "Take your best shot." he then looked forward and said, "Helm, bring us about, full thrusters. Once we have reached the outer defense platform take us to warp." After a pause he continued, "How long to our destination?"

Lieutenant Keval responded almost immediately, "Four hours at warp five sir."

"Very well," said Scot. "Once we go to warp hold course and speed. Notify me when we are nearing the rendezvous location. I will be in my ready room. Commander Sheppard, you have the bridge."
« Last Edit: November 16, 2017, 03:07:55 PM by Scot Harvath »

Offline DanielRyder

• Crewman Second Class
  • What must I sacrifice?
    • Inkitt.com
« Reply #67 on: January 27, 2017, 04:37:08 PM »

Turning to Scott, Ryn remained seated at her chair. Looking at the doctor priming the needle, she exhaled with a sigh shaking her head as she tried remember a quote from one of the earlier chief medical doctors of the Federation. She couldn't remember exactly what he said. She nodded turning back to her station, "Yes Captain."

She was in charge of the bridge now. Watch out.
I already lost one captain. I won't lose another. ~ Lieutenant Ash Tyler, Star Trek Discovery

Offline Ellen_Ripley

• Galaxy Moderator
  • Crewman Third Class
  • "I am the Mother!"
« Reply #68 on: January 31, 2017, 06:25:30 PM »

Spoken like a soldier, though the old man knew that they could take all the rough house you could dish out to them, yet a simple needle from the old days had the ability to turn many a marine pale. A quick swipe with a alcohol pad along the inside of Scot's arm, it took but an instant to find a suitable vein. "When and if you have to do this Rebecca, the median cubital vein is the best, though any will do. That one though will give you the quickest results." Paddy slid the point of the syringe in easily, discharging the yellowish liquid. A moment, a brief moment after Scot will feel a tremendous warmth starting from his head with a slight tingling. It'd last about five seconds. He pulled the syringe, wiped the injection site again, then applied a small round patch. "That will keep you going for another eight hours lad, after that I am ordering you to bed. That is not a request." This simple smile was bordering on sheer evil.

Offline SymonDrayson

• Administrator
  • Petty Officer
  • Contra Ignorantiam
« Reply #69 on: January 31, 2017, 11:10:34 PM »

4 Hours after departure, Mission Day One

U.S.S. Valhalla Ship's Log

{Captain Scot Harvath}

It has been four hours since our departure from Starbase Unity and the journey so far has been uneventful. Commander Huxley and the engineering department are working to fix the compatibility problem with the sensor masking system, at present, however, this shouldn't hamper the mission. In a little less than an hour we will be rendezvousing with the freighter S.S. Timbuktu, at which point we will transfer our guest, Roxanne Dane to the freighter with a security detail for her journey to Deep Space Nine. It is my hope that the reports updating Starfleet to the situation in the Gamma Quadrant will bring reinforcements to help turn back the Consortium and it's influence.

Contra Ignorantiam
“What you are searching for is inside you. The harder you look  ‘out there’, the more obscured it becomes within. ”

Offline DanielRyder

• Crewman Second Class
  • What must I sacrifice?
    • Inkitt.com
« Reply #70 on: February 01, 2017, 07:22:51 PM »

It was only four hours in. Mission time on the stardate was running. Ryn was constantly on the alert scanning over the updated mission reports and status. They were good. So far. She exhaled shifting her weight on the seat. It was a long time for her to be seated nonstop for four hours, but she was used to it. A yawn nearly escaped her mouth, but the commander contained it when she turned suddenly toward Commander Aines over the operations section of the bridge.

Sitting up, Ryn inquired, "Ops, report?" It was just something for her to know. She was curious as to if they were there yet.

Offline sorra

• Galaxy Moderator
  • Crewman
« Reply #71 on: February 02, 2017, 08:17:25 AM »

Isla hid a yawn behind her hand as she watched the screens.  So far it seemed the systems had sorted themselves out thanks to engineering so everything looked normal.  At least for the moment.  She blinked a bit though, hoping this trip was almost over.  She turned as Ryn spoke. "All's good so far.  Seems we should be there in just shy of an hour," she answered.

Offline Scot Harvath

• Crewman Third Class
« Reply #72 on: February 08, 2017, 09:38:24 PM »
Scot exited his ready room and walked over to the captain's chair and sat down. After looking around the bridge slowly he said, "What is our status?"
« Last Edit: November 16, 2017, 03:07:23 PM by Scot Harvath »

Offline DanielRyder

• Crewman Second Class
  • What must I sacrifice?
    • Inkitt.com
« Reply #73 on: February 09, 2017, 08:22:12 PM »

Ryn nodded responding, "Good."

She was about to roll her finger on the comm button when the captain walked into the bridge calling for a status report. Clasping her hand into a fist, she cracked her knuckle to massage it. Turning to Scott, she replied, "Almost there. ETA one hour." Ish, she thought to herself, or so.

Anyone who's Betazoid could probably read her mind, but as an El Aurian, Ryn's been doing a good job with her mental barrier to block anyone attempting to read her mind. El Aurians were telepatic. Sort of. Not exactly. Being part telepatic does have some advantages while there were other things that she couldn't do. However, for the things she couldn't do, she'd let her Klingon side bludgeon. They were good at that.

Ryn kept her calm and serious aura around her as she sat in her chair and observed the captain for a brief few moments before looking around the bridge. Soon, they were almost there. Soon. She could almost taste the action. It was coming. Her bludgeon side was more than ready.

Offline Owen Murtaugh

• Recruit
« Reply #74 on: February 13, 2017, 08:09:51 AM »
"Long range scans show no other vessels in the vicinity of the Timbuktu, however, there is a good deal of interference due to a nearby nebula." said Owen from his position at the tactical station.
« Last Edit: November 16, 2017, 03:07:02 PM by Owen Murtaugh »

Enterprise © Bloc