Welcome, Guest. Please login or register

Login with username and password

Author Topic: U.S.S. Valhalla (NCC-18000) Main Bridge  (Read 2420 times)

Offline Scot Harvath

• Crewman
Re: U.S.S. Valhalla (NCC-18000) Main Bridge
« Reply #45 on: January 18, 2017, 12:23:23 AM »
After hearing what Commander Sheppard had to say, Scot looked first towards the operations station and then stared at the viewscreen for several moments. After taking a deep breath he pressed the control panel, opening a channel to the engine room.

"Engine room. This is the Captain. Report. What is the status of the sensor masking system?"

He then looked back towards the viewscreen and gripped his arm rest.
« Last Edit: November 16, 2017, 03:10:42 PM by Scot Harvath »

Offline sorra

• Galaxy Moderator
  • Crewman
« Reply #46 on: January 18, 2017, 08:14:11 AM »

Isla glanced back at the captain.  There wasn't much for her to add except to pay attention to the screens and make sure nothing else started to go hay wire.

Offline Etana Hiroto

• Recruit
« Reply #47 on: January 18, 2017, 09:05:13 AM »
Etana looked over the display panel at his operations station, waiting for the current diagnostic he was running to complete. While he waited he turned towards Commander McAines and asked in a hushed tone, "So Commander, how are you? What do you think of the Valhalla so far?"
« Last Edit: November 16, 2017, 03:10:26 PM by Etana Hiroto »

Offline sorra

• Galaxy Moderator
  • Crewman
« Reply #48 on: January 18, 2017, 09:31:36 AM »

Isla smiled over at Etana. 'So far I like it.  It is a bit different from some of the other ships I have been on," she whispered back. "And I am good.  Thank you for asking."

Offline Etana Hiroto

• Recruit
« Reply #49 on: January 18, 2017, 10:51:36 AM »
Etana smiled back, "No problem. It is always difficult getting settled on a new ship, especially when things are so hectic."
« Last Edit: November 16, 2017, 03:10:04 PM by Etana Hiroto »

Offline Ellen_Ripley

• Galaxy Moderator
  • Crewman Third Class
  • "I am the Mother!"
« Reply #50 on: January 18, 2017, 04:43:39 PM »

Of course the man wouldn't lie to Paddy would he? Of course not, thus as they say pigs will fly. He leaned close to his Intern Rebecca to whisper. "Take note lass, see the fine beads of sweat on his brow, the way he rubs his temples. Two signs, mild stress and anxiety, plus I would be guessing well he has a headache coming on. Normally we'd simply dose him with a analgesic, though right now the last thing he needs is to feel sleepy. In my private office there is a cabinet, I've taken this off the replicator for good reason. Take my pass card, then shoot off down and retrieve a vial and syringe, the vial is orange, marked Mega-B complex." He pulled his card from the top pocket, some time later today he'd make a copy for the girl.

Offline sorra

• Galaxy Moderator
  • Crewman
« Reply #51 on: January 19, 2017, 08:19:37 AM »

Isla blew out a breath.  "You've got that right.  Hopefully though things will settle down now that engineering is working on it."  She would have to see if she could find anyone to help Huxley.  It sounded like they could use the extra hand.

Offline Etana Hiroto

• Recruit
« Reply #52 on: January 19, 2017, 10:38:56 AM »
Etana smiled and then looked down at his console as it beeped, announcing that the diagnostic he had been running was complete. After studying the results he shook his head and rolled his eyes. Looking back towards Isla he quietly said, "Ma'am, I think I know what the problem is. Not only does it appear as though the team that installed the masking system didn't complete the calibration of the ship's sensors, diagnostics also show that too much power is being fed to masking system, resulting in a power spike which is interfering with our sensor systems. If engineering reduces the power flow to the masking system by, let's see, fifteen percent it should fix the problem. That is after we finish calibrating all of our sensors." If nothing else, it was a starting point. At the very least, Isla had something she could report to the Captain.
« Last Edit: November 16, 2017, 03:09:27 PM by Etana Hiroto »

Offline sorra

• Galaxy Moderator
  • Crewman
« Reply #53 on: January 20, 2017, 08:47:43 AM »

Isla turned at the beep, wondering what Etana was up to.  She raised a brow as he leaned closer to her and whispered his findings.  A soft groan escaped her lips.  "how under the sun did they miss that?" she whispered back, not believing what a mess this was.  She blew out a breath before glancing over her shoulder.  "Captain," she said respectfully. "Etana has just brought to my attention what could be causing the problem with our masking system.  It seems that the calibration wasn't completed and that too much power is being fed to the systems.  If the power is reduced by about fifteen percent it should fix the problem after we finishing the calibration."

Offline Scot Harvath

• Crewman
« Reply #54 on: January 20, 2017, 03:28:30 PM »
"Thank you, Commander McAines. Good work." said Scot, as he opened a channel to engineering once again.

"Engine room, Commander Huxley. Have your people try reducing power to the masking system by fifteen percent. Once the ship's sensors are re-calibrated I am told that the system should operate as intended." he paused for a moment and then continued. "Please acknowledge."
« Last Edit: November 16, 2017, 03:09:09 PM by Scot Harvath »

Offline Troy

• Crewman Third Class
« Reply #55 on: January 22, 2017, 11:38:17 AM »
(From Engineering)
=/\= Roger that Bridge. We'll take it under advisement, thank you for the advice.
Engineering out. =/\=

Offline Scot Harvath

• Crewman
« Reply #56 on: January 22, 2017, 11:54:48 AM »
"Very well Commander, keep me informed. We will be departing within the hour so your work will have to continue while en route to our rendezvous. Bridge out." Scot said, tapping the control panel and closing the channel when he was done speaking.
« Last Edit: November 16, 2017, 03:08:51 PM by Scot Harvath »

Offline SymonDrayson

• Administrator
  • Petty Officer
  • Contra Ignorantiam
« Reply #57 on: January 22, 2017, 12:30:33 PM »

Rebecca suddenly realized that she had been daydreaming and that the doctor was standing there looking at her, holding out a pass card. Blushing slightly she said, "Sorry sir. I will be back shortly with what you need." She reached out and took the pass card and then hurried into the turbo lift. "Deck five, please," she said as the doors closed.

« Last Edit: January 22, 2017, 10:57:30 PM by SymonDrayson »

Contra Ignorantiam
“What you are searching for is inside you. The harder you look  ‘out there’, the more obscured it becomes within. ”

Offline SymonDrayson

• Administrator
  • Petty Officer
  • Contra Ignorantiam
« Reply #58 on: January 23, 2017, 01:42:28 PM »

Storr stepped onto the bridge and stood there looking around, unsure of who it was he needed to report to. He had never been on the bridge of a starship before, so he wasn't entirely sure which station was which. The one thing that was obvious was that the Captain would be the one seated in the center seat. Stepping past an older man, who he assumed was the Chief Medical Officer since the man was wearing a lab coat, Storr approached the Captain and stopped a couple of paces away, standing at attention. "Excuse me, sir, I was sent by Captain Torino to co-ordinate joint security details with the tactical officer."

Scot looked up at the marine officer standing in front of him, "At ease Lieutenant. You are looking for Lieutenant Murtaugh." he said as he gestured to the tactical station behind him.

Owen had a confused look on his face as he nodded towards the Marine officer, "I thought we had resolved everything when Captain Torino came to the bridge earlier? Did I miss something?"

Storr hesitated while he tried to think of a good response which would cover for the fact that Captain Torino wasn't the best officer and probably hadn't paid much attention during the previous meeting. "Nothing like that. As the company intelligence officer and the person who would likely oversee security from the Marine end he just wanted me to meet with you and go over the details."

"Ahhh, okay then," Owen said as he closed what he was working on and locked down the tactical station. "Where would you like to discuss this?"

Storr thought about it for a moment, "I have work to do in the Combat Information Center, that would be as good a place as any." As he finished speaking he came to attention once again and then saluted Captain Harvath, "Sir." He then turned and walked towards a door located at the back of the bridge. As he approached he returned the salute from the marine guard standing outside the door and then entered the CIC. Owen followed closely behind.

Contra Ignorantiam
“What you are searching for is inside you. The harder you look  ‘out there’, the more obscured it becomes within. ”

Offline SymonDrayson

• Administrator
  • Petty Officer
  • Contra Ignorantiam
« Reply #59 on: January 23, 2017, 04:46:11 PM »

The turbo lift arrived at the bridge and Rebecca rushed out as the doors slid open. She hurried over to where the doctor was standing and held out the syringe and vial, "Here are the items you wanted sir."
« Last Edit: March 02, 2017, 06:53:30 PM by SymonDrayson »

Contra Ignorantiam

Enterprise © Bloc