Welcome, Guest. Please login or register

Login with username and password

Author Topic: U.S.S. Valhalla (NCC-18000) Main Bridge  (Read 3671 times)

Offline DanielRyder

• Crewman Second Class
  • What must I sacrifice?
    • Inkitt.com
Re: U.S.S. Valhalla (NCC-18000) Main Bridge
« Reply #15 on: December 20, 2016, 09:57:44 PM »

Ryn stopped what she was doing and looked up as the marine captain walked up to her saying something about doing the security stuff. Standing up from her seat to her feet while placing her arms behind her back, she responded noting his impatience, "Understood Captain. Shall we discuss it here or elsewhere?"

Her El Aurian side tended toward allowing certain respects where a commanding officer has his or her preference of where to talk. Rank usually does not apply in this case because she outranked him a little, but it doesn't matter. The man was clearly needing to talk to him about something and she was willing to step into his 'office' within the ship. She still wasn't ready to use her own XO office that she kept nicely closed and shut.
I already lost one captain. I won't lose another. ~ Lieutenant Ash Tyler, Star Trek Discovery

Offline SymonDrayson

• Administrator
  • Petty Officer
  • Contra Ignorantiam
« Reply #16 on: December 20, 2016, 10:21:12 PM »
{Marine Captain Torino}

"If you prefer we could step into the briefing room," he said, his tone of voice hinting that he felt as though he was being put out. He continued to look around the bridge as he waited.

Contra Ignorantiam
“What you are searching for is inside you. The harder you look  ‘out there’, the more obscured it becomes within. ”

Offline DanielRyder

• Crewman Second Class
  • What must I sacrifice?
    • Inkitt.com
« Reply #17 on: December 20, 2016, 10:52:21 PM »

Ryn nodded with a small sigh. Of course, this was something she should have suggested. She had a lot on her mind, but she could make the time for another crewmember. She offered her arm toward the briefing room as she responded leading the way, "Let's step into the briefing room then. We'll talk there privately."

Looking around the bridge as she followed his head movements for a bit, Ryn spoke seeing Murtaugh on his console, "Lieutenant Murtaugh. Can you come step into the briefing room for a moment. We need to discuss something briefly with Captain Torino regarding the coordination of security procedures between security and marines."

It was more direct than she liked, but it was one of those important moments that she had to keep professional about around the marine captain. She listened to his words and felt him reasonable with his request. They needed to go over some things.

Turning to the new crewmember at the ops with the higher rank of commander, Ryn paused trying to remember her name. She spoke, "Commander McAines, you have the bridge for the moment. And, welcome onboard." She added realizing that she hadn't welcomed her onboard yet. It always slips her mind. The half Klingon wasn't always this cold. She was punctual and a bit strict with protocol, but not always this cold. The listener part of her wants to talk with the new commander a bit more to make sure she is at more ease with her position.

<<To Briefing Room>>
I already lost one captain. I won't lose another. ~ Lieutenant Ash Tyler, Star Trek Discovery

Offline Owen Murtaugh

• Recruit
« Reply #18 on: December 20, 2016, 11:48:35 PM »
Owen looked up from tactical and said, "Yes, sir." He then walked around the bridge to the Briefing room.
« Last Edit: November 16, 2017, 03:12:48 PM by Owen Murtaugh »

Offline SymonDrayson

• Administrator
  • Petty Officer
  • Contra Ignorantiam
« Reply #19 on: December 20, 2016, 11:51:01 PM »
{Marine Captain Torino}

Captain Torino nodded at the suggestion that they move to the briefing room and then walked ahead of Camryn to the door and walked in, ahead of the other two.

Contra Ignorantiam
“What you are searching for is inside you. The harder you look  ‘out there’, the more obscured it becomes within. ”

Offline sorra

• Galaxy Moderator
  • Crewman
« Reply #20 on: December 21, 2016, 08:45:21 AM »

Isla turned at Ryn's voice, pasting a smile on her face.  "Yes ma'am and thank you."  She hoped maybe this time she would be able to stay on a ship for more then a week.  She turned back to the controls, wanting to make sure she got herself familiar with the layout of the ship.  Now, this was where she felt at home.

Offline Etana Hiroto

• Recruit
« Reply #21 on: December 22, 2016, 01:54:49 PM »
From his position at the secondary operation station, Etana saw that there was a warning flashing in the engineering window. Reaching over he selected the engineering window, maximizing it. The display showed that there was a drop in engine power and the sensors had gone offline. The drop in power and loss of sensors coincided with a test of the System Masking System taking place in Engineering.

"Excuse me, sir," he said to Commander McAines. "I am showing a loss in power and sensors have gone offline. It happened just as Engineering started a test on the System Masking System."
« Last Edit: November 16, 2017, 03:12:30 PM by Etana Hiroto »

Offline sorra

• Galaxy Moderator
  • Crewman
« Reply #22 on: December 22, 2016, 02:42:07 PM »

Isla turned as Etana spoke.  She spun back around, pulling up the screen that he had just mentioned.  He was right.  Power was dropping quickly.  She frowned a bit.  "That might not be good.  I'm thinking a call down to Engineering is in order." Just what kind of tests were they performing and why had it knocked them off line?

Offline Etana Hiroto

• Recruit
« Reply #23 on: December 22, 2016, 02:49:21 PM »
Etana nodded, "I agree. It should have been a fairly straightforward test. Perhaps the system wasn't calibrated properly?" He thought about it briefly and then frowned, "Sabotage maybe? Diagnostics had shown that systems were operating normally when they were run overnight on Gamma shift."
« Last Edit: November 16, 2017, 03:12:11 PM by Etana Hiroto »

Offline sorra

• Galaxy Moderator
  • Crewman
« Reply #24 on: December 23, 2016, 08:03:22 AM »

Isla frowned a bit.  It could be any number of things. "I hope and pray that someone just forgot to calibrate the system correctly, but I don't think we should rule anything out."  Who would want to sabotage the ship if that was truly what had happened?

Offline Etana Hiroto

• Recruit
« Reply #25 on: December 23, 2016, 10:18:50 AM »
"Even though I am sure Commander Huxley would report in if he felt the situation to be critical, it would probably be a good idea to call down to Engineering, just in case," Etana said as he watched the display panel.
« Last Edit: November 16, 2017, 03:11:54 PM by Etana Hiroto »

Offline sorra

• Galaxy Moderator
  • Crewman
« Reply #26 on: December 27, 2016, 08:37:59 AM »

Isla nodded.  She was thinking the same thing.  She shifted her seat just enough to get to where she could place the call. "Engineering,  this is Commander McAines on the bridge.  Is all well there?  We are showing some odd readings."

Offline Troy

• Crewman Third Class
« Reply #27 on: December 27, 2016, 02:50:58 PM »
=/\= Huxley to Bridge, something with the masking system is interfering with sensors and engines. Engines are already back to full power, and we expect sensors to be back up and running in a minute or two. I already have a team working on the problem.=/\=

Offline sorra

• Galaxy Moderator
  • Crewman
« Reply #28 on: December 28, 2016, 08:17:27 AM »

That seemed odd to Isla.  She wondered what would be sending the sensors haywire.  Well it sounded like they had things under control at least. "Thank you, Commander Huxley.  Let us know if you need anything of us."

Offline DanielRyder

• Crewman Second Class
  • What must I sacrifice?
    • Inkitt.com
« Reply #29 on: January 07, 2017, 08:24:30 PM »

Ryn entered the bridge. A slight exhale that was inaudible escaped her breath before she approached the center of the bridge and spoke to the commander, "Commander McAines, report. Anything that requires my attention?"

She was quick and direct with her question as she needed to know almost everything that was going on. Being part El Aurian, Ryn seemed to be always aware. Almost aware of something that is happening in the ship. It's part of her gut feeling but mostly her senses that she is aware of.

Enterprise © Bloc