Welcome, Guest. Please login or register

Login with username and password

Author Topic: Star Trek OOC chat  (Read 1655 times)

Offline SymonDrayson

• Administrator
  • Petty Officer
  • Contra Ignorantiam
Re: Star Trek reboot
« Reply #15 on: October 27, 2016, 10:56:26 AM »
As "requested"

Once dominated by the Dominion, the Gamma Quadrant was an area where freedom was unheard of.

It is now just a little over twelve years since the end of the Dominion War, a massive conflict which resulted in the loss of millions of lives and served to break the Dominion's tight stranglehold in the quadrant.

The Bajoran Wormhole became the gateway to a drastically changing Gamma Quadrant. The rebuilding of the quadrant after the war has been long and costly, with a great deal of work still left to do. After the colonization of New Bajor, and the establishment of Starbase 11 in orbit, thousands came from across the galaxy, each individual hoping to start a new life while carving out a home in the 'wilderness'. Merchant trade between worlds was on the rise and traffic between the Alpha and Gamma quadrants had been rising exponentially each year.

In one moment, however, it all changed. Agents of the Consortium, a group of unknown origin and purpose, with the assistance of Starfleet traitors seized control of several ships, as well as Starbase 11, immediately fracturing Task Force 9, the force which had been charged with protecting and exploring the Gamma Quadrant, and leaving the Consortium in control of many Starfleet assets. Loyal Task Force 9 vessels attempted to fight back, however, they were outnumbered and many faced attempted mutinies or sabotage aboard their ships. Those ships that weren't destroyed or captured withdrew and slowly began to regroup at a former Dominion Veayron Class Starbase which came to be known as Starbase Unity. The loyal ships and crews rallying around Starbase Unity have been labeled traitors by the Consortium. With access to the wormhole all but cut off and communications with the Alpha Quadrant non-existant the loyal Star Fleet ships and Starbase Unity are on their own. Where will they find allies? Who can they trust? How many Consortium agents still move amongst the crews, hidden in the shadows.

Welcome to the adventures of the USS Hawk an Argonaut class ship, part of Bravo Fleets Task Force 9. The Year is 2388 and chaos reigns after the Consortium coup. Join us as we push back against the Consortium, working to bring them down and return order and stability to the Quadrant.  Come aboard today and explore the unknown, help to counter the growing influence of the Consortium and confront a new alien threat.

The ship name and class in my story idea are different than what I was allowed to use. Likewise, Starbase Unity is different because I had to go with Bravo Fleet established Canon. The story is set in a traditional Star Trek setting, no J.J. Abramverse. The Task Force the players ship was assigned to would be Task Force Unity.

In my game characters were given rank according to their backstory. If someone wanted to start Ensign or crewman or whatever and work their way up the ranks then awesome. If a player wrote a character who had been at Star Fleet academy and had been part of the emergency call up during the Dominion War then they would not be a lowly Ensign, maybe a Lieutenant. Maybe someone is a veteran officer with lots of disciplinary action taken against them resulting in a lower rank, blah blah, you get the point. Really the only limit to rank would be the Moderator/Storyteller (whatever would be Captain/Commander rank), Department heads would vary as would the Executive Officers rank (likely Lt. Commander).

The way I wanted the ships command structure (for lack of better term) to work on my SIMM and which I couldn't do, might actually work better here (keeping in mind this opinion is coming from my vast 15 minutes of browsing the threads).

The ship would have a Bridge Board with sub-boards appropriate to it (Ready Room, Conference Room, maybe each of the Bridge stations (not sure seems THAT might be too "clunky").

Each ship department (Operations, Engineering, Medical, etc) would have their own board, again with sub-board "locations" appropriate to that department. Department heads could act as moderators for their departments' boards (maybe?) and with information about the overall story line could help move the story forward as they see fit (within the guidelines set forward by the Captain.) For example, maybe a particular point in a mission calls for the Medical department to come up with a way to counteract the effects of a new bio-weapon. The department head could figure out how the players in the Medical department "write the story" to get to the desired point. Maybe they decide to throw in a twist or problem of their own into the mix, maybe a containment field fails and releases a hallucinogenic drug onto one of the decks. Department head would decide do they need to bring in another department to help.

There would, of course, be boards for other areas of the ship like the lounge, holodecks, etc.

It would start at Starbase Unity with kind of a refit/resupply of the ship happening which would allow players to do some character development posts and interact with one another.

There are things that the game I am currently running has that I don't know how to work (logistically speaking) here. So yeah that is it in a nutshell (a bigger nutshell than I had intended).

Contra Ignorantiam
“What you are searching for is inside you. The harder you look  ‘out there’, the more obscured it becomes within. ”

Offline DanielRyder

• Crewman Second Class
  • What must I sacrifice?
    • Inkitt.com
« Reply #16 on: October 27, 2016, 02:48:09 PM »
O_O

......Greens set. I wonder just how many we can send at one time cause thats worth maybe more...

This is an awesome plot. You need an XO?  :D  :yes:

I already got a character from my old star trek rp i was trying to get started on, but failed. She's Command level, either Commander or Lt/Commander, whichever you prefer. Also, my character is perfect cause I created her around DS9 era. She fought in the dominion war too. My rp was set in 2392, or whenever, right after the events of DS9 when they ended their seven seasons. So, she's perfect for the role. i already got her character bio set up.

I only failed in my star trek rp cause I tried to start one when i shouldnt try to. Someone wanted me to start one just so he can be in it. Don't know what happened to him and I dont really care...

What I can do is help bring the plot about to get it going cause this is a great start and I'm willing to make the topics if you need me to add stuff. Just PM me lol.
I already lost one captain. I won't lose another. ~ Lieutenant Ash Tyler, Star Trek Discovery

Offline SymonDrayson

• Administrator
  • Petty Officer
  • Contra Ignorantiam
« Reply #17 on: October 27, 2016, 11:03:26 PM »
Oh wow. Thanks for saying that.

Are you asking about an XO for the game I am currently running (or trying to run)? I have one there but, like most of the people on that site, he is AWOL more often than not. I am seriously considering cutting my losses there and letting it die, thinking even more about it since finding this site.

It breaks my heart since I have put almost two years into the ship, its' Wiki, trying to keep the story going after several Captains have come and gone and while dealing with people who lurk and NEVER post except for once in a while and with 3 or 4 sentences at most. I just don't have the energy to keep something going that the people (including the ones who run the larger SIMM fleet) have no apparent real interest in.

:)

Well now that I have cried in my soup, thanks again for liking the basic plot idea.

Contra Ignorantiam
“What you are searching for is inside you. The harder you look  ‘out there’, the more obscured it becomes within. ”

Offline Mim

• Administrator
  • Crewman Second Class
  • Lost in SpAce
    • My Facebook
« Reply #18 on: October 27, 2016, 11:18:25 PM »
As I said before Symon you got me :D Now I have two versions of my character, but I really do prefer the first version. I think with some edits/tweeking she would be a great asset  :cools

currently needs a little more work and history to fit with the Hawk, dates and stuff

http://startrek.lostworldssff.com/index.php?topic=1444.0
"To boldly go where no man should, its women's business"

:sam10

Offline SymonDrayson

• Administrator
  • Petty Officer
  • Contra Ignorantiam
« Reply #19 on: October 27, 2016, 11:36:33 PM »
Well, the dates and stuff could be changed a bit. Some of those details I inherited as I took over an already running (limping) story/game.

:)

Contra Ignorantiam

Offline Mim

• Administrator
  • Crewman Second Class
  • Lost in SpAce
    • My Facebook
« Reply #20 on: October 27, 2016, 11:43:38 PM »
Your dates are fine, it was the dates on that bio I meant :D make it work with your concept

Offline SymonDrayson

• Administrator
  • Petty Officer
  • Contra Ignorantiam
« Reply #21 on: October 27, 2016, 11:53:51 PM »
 :sam59

Contra Ignorantiam

Offline Mim

• Administrator
  • Crewman Second Class
  • Lost in SpAce
    • My Facebook
« Reply #22 on: October 28, 2016, 12:22:42 AM »
So, lets get this rolling. Give me a list of sub forums you need, names, descriptions and I'll do them.

Offline SymonDrayson

• Administrator
  • Petty Officer
  • Contra Ignorantiam
« Reply #23 on: October 28, 2016, 12:44:34 AM »
Haha. Slow your roll. I still have planning to do. Didn't realize there would be interest in doing my story here. haha.

Would it be a new ship with forums and subs or working with the existing ship. How about I write up a proposal for how I envision the board (whatever) structured and you tell me if it is doable and if it is too much work. :P

:P

After I have slept. Some of us need our beauty sleep. :) As much as I would rather stay and work on this and enjoy your company (even if you do scare me a little) it was a LONG day.

Contra Ignorantiam

Offline Mim

• Administrator
  • Crewman Second Class
  • Lost in SpAce
    • My Facebook
« Reply #24 on: October 28, 2016, 01:45:08 AM »
All new. When I have what we need I'll archive most everything else other than bios :)

When you and you know I told you so  <P :indeed :yes:

hahhahaha  :bow1

Offline DanielRyder

• Crewman Second Class
  • What must I sacrifice?
    • Inkitt.com
« Reply #25 on: October 28, 2016, 03:40:34 AM »

Are you asking about an XO for the game I am currently running (or trying to run)? I have one there but, like most of the people on that site, he is AWOL more often than not. I am seriously considering cutting my losses there and letting it die, thinking even more about it since finding this site.

Yes im asking if I can be the XO  <P  :Poke

I think this roleplay could be fun. This is my character. Obviously some work is needed considering the USS Nexus is in back in Shipyard dock  <P

Mel, are you talking about archiving my old USS Nexus threads? Please don't I gotta save em first...I still like my basic concept. Just give me a figure or time range before you start archiving stuff.

Also, Symon, this is my bio http://startrek.lostworldssff.com/index.php?topic=1437.0 You may note that she's also got some Engineering experience and Operations...
« Last Edit: October 28, 2016, 03:44:52 AM by Greenhorn »
I already lost one captain. I won't lose another. ~ Lieutenant Ash Tyler, Star Trek Discovery

Offline Troy

• Crewman Third Class
« Reply #26 on: October 28, 2016, 11:27:17 AM »
BravoFleet is where I got my start in simming several years ago. The Callisto, formerly Ben Nevis, was where I had my longest running character. The game died, and transferring the character didn't work out. It was certainly fun to have a character who worked their way up through the ranks.

If you need a Scotty/O'Brien type character, I might still have the bio somewhere.

Offline DanielRyder

• Crewman Second Class
  • What must I sacrifice?
    • Inkitt.com
« Reply #27 on: October 28, 2016, 03:40:15 PM »
A Scotty/O'Brien type would be cool. Any chance Ryn could be friends with him?  :D

Offline SymonDrayson

• Administrator
  • Petty Officer
  • Contra Ignorantiam
« Reply #28 on: October 28, 2016, 04:01:47 PM »
Who COULDN'T use a Scotty/O'Brien type character. Hell, I could use one in real life.

Contra Ignorantiam

Offline Ellen_Ripley

• Galaxy Moderator
  • Crewman Third Class
  • "I am the Mother!"
« Reply #29 on: October 28, 2016, 05:48:44 PM »
It's been well over forty years since I last saw Star Trek, I did enjoy it back then and I believe I'd enjoy it to be a part of a well scripted RP. I'm in. Though as for character bios, I will need some assistance there. I am fond of Vulcans.

Enterprise © Bloc