Welcome, Guest. Please login or register

Login with username and password

Author Topic: Star Trek OOC chat  (Read 3224 times)

Offline Mim

• Administrator
  • Crewman Second Class
  • Lost in SpAce
    • My Facebook
Star Trek OOC chat
« on: October 26, 2016, 07:27:45 PM »
Okay guys, lets give this another shot, from the beginning. Brand new plot, new story etc etc. We can keep our characters if they apply to a new story; but ST ain't dead yet. Got a concept we haven't done before and one that will work? Lets hear it.
« Last Edit: October 31, 2016, 04:41:25 PM by MelsMum »
"To boldly go where no man should, its women's business"

:sam10

Offline DanielRyder

• Crewman Second Class
  • What must I sacrifice?
    • Inkitt.com
Re: Star Trek reboot
« Reply #1 on: October 26, 2016, 07:30:13 PM »
I like my idea. I just need help getting it started...  :Poke
I already lost one captain. I won't lose another. ~ Lieutenant Ash Tyler, Star Trek Discovery

Offline SymonDrayson

• Administrator
  • Petty Officer
  • Contra Ignorantiam
« Reply #2 on: October 26, 2016, 07:31:58 PM »
When I am more familiar with how things work here I wouldn't mind trying to help. :)

Contra Ignorantiam
“What you are searching for is inside you. The harder you look  ‘out there’, the more obscured it becomes within. ”

Offline Mim

• Administrator
  • Crewman Second Class
  • Lost in SpAce
    • My Facebook
« Reply #3 on: October 26, 2016, 07:46:47 PM »
We need something new Ben, we tried your story twice and we failed twice. So lets give something else a run. We can use elements of you stuff I'm sure but we need a totally new approach and one that is going to appeal to a lot of ST fans.

Symon, yes please!  :yes:

Bowsy 112

« Reply #4 on: October 26, 2016, 08:24:44 PM »
Well my thing failed, if its any good I will happily make a character. As long as the plots not stupid, but till then all my time is devoted to... Well it would be star wars but I am a little stuck there...

Offline DanielRyder

• Crewman Second Class
  • What must I sacrifice?
    • Inkitt.com
« Reply #5 on: October 26, 2016, 08:31:42 PM »
Plots are never stupid bowsy. They just need...a little working out, is all...  :fp

Maybe...this plot would be a shakedown cruise gone wrong? Or maybe a routine mission to somewhere that brings about a change or something...

And of course, we wouldnt use JJ Abrams idea, cause it aint Star Trek Canon....right? Like we discuss whats Star Wars canon or not, maybe we should stick with Roddenberry's Trek and not have a rp with the new events of the Star Trek movie unfolding. Sure, it could be a plot that we might be interested in, but I dont know...

Maybe we are going about this the wrong way? maybe we should just create a board for Star Trek. If people wanna join, they can. It'll be like recruiting this way. Everyone starts out from like Star Trek Academy and they go to a station before going to their assigned ships...or something...I dunno.
I already lost one captain. I won't lose another. ~ Lieutenant Ash Tyler, Star Trek Discovery

Bowsy 112

« Reply #6 on: October 26, 2016, 08:35:05 PM »
Maybe...this plot would be a shakedown cruise gone wrong?
Wasnt that the plan for yours?

And of course, we wouldnt use JJ Abrams idea, cause it aint Star Trek Canon....right?
Yeah it is, its an alternate time line. There for Canon.

Everyone starts out from like Star Trek Academy and they go to a station before going to their assigned ships...or something...I dunno.

So everybody ends up being an Ensign onboard their own ship?

Offline DanielRyder

• Crewman Second Class
  • What must I sacrifice?
    • Inkitt.com
« Reply #7 on: October 26, 2016, 08:41:57 PM »
Just spilling ideas. Maybe shakedown cruise is an old idea that needs to be tossed out on its...fuel ejectors

heh...now thats not a bad idea. A ship full of ensigns commanded by...an ensign. Its the Red Squad elite cadets from the academy all over again, you know, what Nog joined that one time... >(

Bowsy 112

« Reply #8 on: October 26, 2016, 08:44:33 PM »
Yeah but that didn't really go well. Also, by Star Fleets rules. Nog should have become commander of the ship...

Offline Mim

• Administrator
  • Crewman Second Class
  • Lost in SpAce
    • My Facebook
« Reply #9 on: October 26, 2016, 08:59:03 PM »
No way are we going to do what every other ST game out there does, start people off as Ensigns period. We start people off where they want to be with a limit to rank based on RP experience, how good they are etc and if they are going for command roles, they will be tested on that ability to do so.

Offline DanielRyder

• Crewman Second Class
  • What must I sacrifice?
    • Inkitt.com
« Reply #10 on: October 26, 2016, 09:07:26 PM »
Yeah, but the problem is that Star Trek Universe is so vast, we're gonna have a problem coming up with a good plot  :fp

Everything that has been thought of, discussed, implemented have already been used and what's left? Nothing but scraps. Nothing but shakedowns after shakedowns its starting to feel like a merry go around that goes...and goes....and goes...

We need a fresh start. Something fresh and something totally unknown. No using or borrowing from other sci fi elements that has already been used because that's just cheating. No, we just need something fresh. Maybe a starship that starts somewhere in some outpost looking for something or picking someone up. Maybe its not a shakedown. Maybe it's just a start of something completely new or unheard of...and its not a ship full of Ensigns or Red Squad  <P

Offline Mim

• Administrator
  • Crewman Second Class
  • Lost in SpAce
    • My Facebook
« Reply #11 on: October 26, 2016, 10:46:45 PM »
Ima gonna let Symon tell his story. Its fabulous and since he hasn't yet barely started, I would like to invite him to do it here.  :sam10

Offline DanielRyder

• Crewman Second Class
  • What must I sacrifice?
    • Inkitt.com
« Reply #12 on: October 26, 2016, 10:58:57 PM »
Rightio  >( 

When I am more familiar with how things work here I wouldn't mind trying to help. :)

Offline SymonDrayson

• Administrator
  • Petty Officer
  • Contra Ignorantiam
« Reply #13 on: October 27, 2016, 12:42:30 AM »
Well if you are talking about the story I have going on the ship I command on another SIMM I will give a broad overview later on, maybe tomorrow. :)

Contra Ignorantiam
“What you are searching for is inside you. The harder you look  ‘out there’, the more obscured it becomes within. ”

Offline Mim

• Administrator
  • Crewman Second Class
  • Lost in SpAce
    • My Facebook
« Reply #14 on: October 27, 2016, 12:54:34 AM »
Yep that one  :yes:

Enterprise © Bloc